“Nice surprise”

Elkes Market Cafe
Ranked #20 of 226 Restaurants in Allen
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I've driven by this place hundreds of times but never stopped until the other day. I was surprised by how big it is inside and was not aware there were tables for dining in. I was there mainly to check out the jalapeno pimento cheese spread that was recommended to me. I picked up a container of that and also some smokey almond cheese dip. Both are out of this world delicious! The menu prices do seem a little high but if the soup and sandwiches are anything like the the cheese dips, it will be worth every penny. Oh and I have to mention the guy working the front cash register. I'm not sure if he is one of the owners or not, but he was friendly and super welcoming (not bad on the eyes either). I can't wait to go back and have lunch next time!

1  Thank Elaine P
There are newer reviews for Elkes Market Cafe

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Fresh and delicious. Try their veggie sandwich. Desserts are all wonderful. Soups, salads, wraps and more. Cute place. Lots of women in town love to frequent Elkes. Great catering also!

2  Thank CottonGin
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Elke's is both an eat-in cafe and a small take out market. The food is always fresh and the specials change every day. Elke is a great chef and she runs the place like a neighborhood place should be run. She even caters and there's a lot of food.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Terrific food, very high quality. A little pricey but worth every penny. My wife introduced me to this restaurant. I thought it more of a hangout for the girls, but I love the sandwiches and baked goods. One of the gems hidden in Allen.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Elke's food shows creativity and concern with quality. She and her staff try to create a hospitable atmosphere, and both the take-away and dine-in options are fresh and tasty. We had two different chicken salads, both of which were delicious. Baked goods, as well. We'll stop here again without hesitation when in the area. It's a great break from chain eateries and a step above most of them. The restaurant is in a nondescript strip mall on old Hwy 5 (Greenville Ave.), and worth a short detour off Hwy 75 into old Allen.

1  Thank anemonefish

Been to Elkes Market Cafe? Share your experiences!