Americas Best Value Inn - Alpine, TX
US$64
  • Free Internet
US$321
US$296
All reviewstexas sizeroom was cleanflat screen tvfridgeedgeinternet
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Flat funky pillows, sheets kept coming up from the conners of bed,stained carpet,mold, damp bathroom tiles, pubic hair on toilet seat, glass in window was broken out we noticed the next morning..we called the office to let them know about it and they said "oh yes some workers stayed in that room did that we are still waiting for glass man to come out"

It was late when we got in town and it looked Ok on the outside (late at night after driving over 500 miles). WRONG ..it was so nasty from all the "workers" I guess... We paid something like $97. anyways ..I posted 5 pictures ..be sure and see all 5

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CapTX1
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed there oct 29, 2011, would advise people to stay away find other accomadations ,rooms are overpriced,black mold on bathtub, commode kept stopping up floor in bathroom old and dirty, no clock. Exterior appearence does'nt match rooms. Don't stay at this roach motel!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We most likely would not stay here again. There were other options available in Alpine and a new motel is being built right next door which will be very painful for the Sunday House, I'm sure. The owner was handling the front desk and he was very friendly. He was unable to recommend any restaurants since he said they never go out to eat. He did give us directions to the other end of town where we had some choices. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and other unusual choices. It was edible, but not quite like Mom used to make. The room was OK but that's about it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Reviews for the Sunday House Inn weren't great, but had improved up to the time we were going to be staying there. Options in Alpine at the time of our trip were exceptionally limited, so the Sunday House was pretty much it for us. They are obviously in the midst of updating the rooms - there are old drawers stacked in the breezeways (our room had not yet been that far updated), and the floor had bare wood between the edge of the carpet and the door. We did have a flat screen TV, a mini fridge and a microwave in our room. All very nice. The bathroom needed some serious work, as the floor was squeaky, the faucets leaked and the linoleum cracked. The popcorn ceiling was a definite throwback. The tub was stained, but clean (I know because I had to give my son a bath and went out to get a Magic Eraser to clean the tub for sure and nothing changed). The walls and the doors could have used a good wipe down. However, the service was very good, breakfast was fully stocked, and if the owners update the rest of the rooms as nicely as they've done in the office, the Sunday House Inn will be worth the $85/night charges.

Room Tip: I would ask next time for one of the more updated rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I went to this motel to rent a room because of the impressive video on their website. When we got there, I was not at all impressed with the property's appearance and conditition. I practically went into shock when the lady manager quoted me a price of $89.00. I told her that There's no way I'd pay that much to stay at a run down motel. She came down to $79.00, but I just laughed and left. I drove to the Ramada, which was 10 times nicer and was a rate of $70.00 for a suite, including a made to order breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business