“nasty”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
texas
“nasty”
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Cheap price for the location, so not worth the savings. Stained chair cushions, large places of chipped bathtub enamel, mold on bathtub enclosure. no sink stopper, exposed slab at entry door, luke warm water in the shower, no clock, no in room coffee pot, very bad continental breakfast. Exterior appearance of hotel is strickly cosmetic.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tommy07cat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Benson, AZ
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I travel a lot and at times have averaged over $1200 a month in hotel bills. This is one of the nastiest places I have ever stayed. Its worse than a place I stayed in Massachusetts with a sloping floor and mildew growing up the walls. I normally would have turned around and left as soon as I saw the room, but I was distracted by hunger so I walked in threw my gear down and went to the restaurant next door.
The room smelled like a truckers armpit (I know this because I was a trucker), the carpet was dirty, stained and matted down and the walls where covered with marks and scuffs. The bathroom floor had several cigarette burns, and I belive there was possibly feces smeared on the wall... I'm not kidding. If they vacumed, it was only down the middle of the room, the corners and edges had paint chips and dust on the carpet. When I got up in the morning I noticed the box spring or bottom mattress had numerous brown, reddish stains on the side.
The sheets appeared to be clean, as was the sink and toilet. I paid a total of $55 for the room, an outrageous price, given its condition. It is a disgusting place and they know it - they have a notice on the bottom of the receipt stating you have 15 minutes to determine if the room is not to your liking. I was so grossed out I seriously thought about leaving in the middle of the night to ride 250 miles back home. My memories of the neat little town of Alpine, Texas will forever be tainted by this place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Alpine hotels

Midland
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I loved staying here, i don't know why the last two ppl are saying this is a bad place, maybe they're not talking about the Sunday House Inn. I came with two other friends, and we had a blast, and we were satisfied with the room. Front desk was very helpful and really nice. The breakfast was enjoyable. My friends and I were looking foward for a weekend of just relaxing and this motel was just right. I would definetely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2009

The room was disgusting! Dirty room. The motel did not seem safe. Tape is around EVERY window in the motel. My door did not feature a security lock. It was one of those places where you are affraid to sleep in between the sheets. I was thankful to have packed an extra pair of flip flops so I could shower.
I feel that I would have felt safer had I slept in my car!
NEVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Invariably it's the last place in Alpine with any reservations any time there's a big event.
There's a reason for that.

It's not in good repair. It's dirty. And the people who work there could care less.

And it's not cheap. We paid almost $90 a night.

So, if you're wondering whether to stay there, don't.

Drive to either Marathon or Marfa and stay someplace there.

There is one of the worst places I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple