“OMGosh! !”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
“OMGosh! !”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

You haven't had a hotdog till you eat one of theirs. :) I never dreamed you could enjoy a hotdog from a vending truck SOOO much. I listened to the locals and tried their Mexican Dog. What's not to like? Bacon, cheese, & salsa...yum!!
But be sure to check out the website for days and hours of operation because it's run by local musicians and the times are a little strange. Yeah, so is the food, but we schedule a trip to Alpine around their hours when in Ft. Davis just to be able to have one of their dogs!! Love, love, love this place :)

San Ramon, Costa Rica
“Best food cart hot dog ever.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great hot dogs. Lots of inventive ways of fixing them. Loved it! Watched the train station arrivals and departures for entertainment.

Visited May 2014
Austin
“A must”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My first Cowdog was so good I went back later the same day for another. Truly one of the best hot dogs I've ever had. I don't live close, but if I'm ever within an hour, it's worth the drive.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank RJMooreAustin
McKinney, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Native Chicagoans say"Now this is a great dog!"”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We purposefully postponed our departure time so we could eat at Cow Dog and we were NOT disappointed. Truly some great hot dogs. I enjoyed the Artisan, which had some wonderful chutney and sharp cheddar cheese for a tasty delight, and hubby had a wildly good chili cheese dog, large sized. They do something special to the hot dogs, we think the grilling was part of the success. They have many many different combos and you can order your own-several locals had personalized dogs they ordered. What a great concept and a nice couple who own it. Alpine is a very friendly town and it was so nice "hanging out" and having a great hot dog. The minute they opened they had a line... hours when we were there were 1130-3pm Wed thru Saturday-we would have eaten there every day if we could!YUM!

• Visited April 2014
okc
“Awesome hot dogs!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

OK, this was the best hot dog I've ever had! I had the mexican when I was there. They have 2 sizes, 1 was $4 and the larger was $5.50. We spent $26 for 3 people, so it wasn't exactly cheap. We wanted to eat there a 2nd time while we were in town for 5 days, but the price kept us away for the 2nd time. They also have strange hours, so that kept me from giving a 5. It was also cash only, so we had to run to the ATM to get some funds.

So, if you get there when its open, have cash, and like hot dogs, I think you'll love this place! We will be back next year when we are in town again!

• Visited March 2014