Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast
Value Lodge(Alpine)
US$66
US$64
  • Free Internet
All reviewsstayed herebig bendhappy hourexcellent holidayroom was cleanevening receptionindoor poolin great shapefree breakfastbeautiful townkey cardpizza hutbeer and winemcdonald observatorybreakfast barhandicapped roomcheese and crackers
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a fairly new hotel in Alpine. The rooms were spacious and clean. Bathroom was very clean. Front desk people were friendly and helpful. We spent 2 nights here and no complaints about staff or room. Good nights sleep was had on beds. Breakfast was ok but not quire as good as other hotel chains. Would recommend staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barangabill
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Beautiful hotel on the highway, not far from historic downtown Alpine. Near restaurants and services. Rooms were spacious and beautiful and very clean. Staff was helpful in giving us directions and suggesting local sites to visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We came to visit family and based on reviews chose to stay at the HIE and were very pleased we did. The staff was very helpful and polite from front desk to housekeeping to the Management team. Quick and easy check in, clean and spacious room with a fridge, microwave and a coffeemaker which are always helpful when you stay for a few days. The pool and the work out facility were very well taken care of and clean. Breakfast was available exatly till the time it was supposed to be - at a lot of hotels in the last 30 minutes of breakfast hours the buffet does not get refilled, which was not the case here. I especially appreciate the fact that they have coffee available throughout the entire day. We will be back again soon for sure and told the rest of the family (who had multiple complaints on hotels they chose to stay at) to switch over.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was not expecting much from this Hotel. There is not much choice when staying in Alpine, TX so I expected the same in service. However, I entered and walked away very surprised and satisfied with the HIE in Alpine.

If you are visiting the Big Bend area I strongly recommend staying in Alpine. While staying in Alpine I recommend the Holiday Inn Express. During my stay I enjoyed a good hot breakfast and night time beverages. The rooms and Hotel were very clean. The staff greeted us with smiles and were very helpful. The indoor heated pool was a bonus. We were able to visit many attractions within a "relative for West Texas" short distance. The Davis Mountains, Big Bend, Marfa, and Vanhorn are within reasonable reach. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Another bonus is the television reception. If you choose to watch TV in most hotels the reception is very lame with mutiple splits between the TVs. However, in this HIE the TV had its own cable box and all the channels came in crystal clear. I would recommend this Hotel if you stay in Alpine. One other small item of advice... If you are going to visit Big Bend National Park I STRONGLY recommend going through Marathon and entering on 385 versus the 118 route due to the scenic differences.

Room Tip: I always choose the bottom floor for easy access. My room 102 was comfortable and quiet the entire time of my stay. The beds were firm. I slept very well but my wife complained about the firmness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Paresh J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear skaarj,
Thank you for such a great review. We are well aware that you have many choices in our area where you may make your reservation. We are pleased that you chose our hotel. We are dedicated to making each and every guest's stay with us a wonderful experience. Your review affirms to our team that we are doing a great job. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews brought us to chose this hotel and we add our praise to the others: our King size suite was clean, the bed was comfortable, the location for traveling to Big Bend and other areas in this great state of Texas was MOST convenient.

I would like to add that the VALUE of enjoying this spot, at their prices, with the additional breakfast available......and indoor pool.......was indeed additional pleasure to our weekend getaway. Highly recommend this place.....the staff was RIGHT ON~!

Room Tip: The King suites are not over priced and the additional space is really worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Paresh J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpine Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Art_LOver,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Coming from a Top Contributor, your review means a lot to our entire team. Our team's goal is to make each and every guest feel welcomed and special. Your review shows us that we are on the right track to excellence. We hope that you come back to our neck of the woods and stay with us again.