“A really great meal with great service”
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Alpine
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The original Reata Restaurant located in the scenic Davis Mountains of west Texas offers the same fine dining and Legendary Texas Cuisine you can find at the Fort Worth location. Alpine, home to Sul Ross State University is near Texas tourist destination Big Bend National Park and the towns of Marathon, Fort Davis and Lajitas. Alpine is also a short drive from Marfa, Texas renowned both for the mysterious Marfa Lights and Donald Judd’s Chinati Foundation. Reata, named after the legendary ranch in the James Dean classic movie, “Giant”, which was filmed in nearby Marfa, boasts the same high quality Southwestern dining you can find in Fort Worth. This is not food for the faint of heart, from Chicken Fried Steak to Calf Fries or the Pepper Crusted Tenderloin and Cowboy Rib Eye Steak, this is a dining experience not to miss. Today, Reata Alpine remains a true destination restaurant, attracting loyal diners from miles beyond the charming converted farmhouse where our Legendary Texas Cuisine was born.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Alpine, Tx is not on the beaten path but if you are in west Texas, make sure you stop at Reata. We had their special of the day--fried pork chops--and they were great. The potatoes, fresh squash and home made rolls served with the meal were also great. The service was fast and very friendly. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We went there full of excitement due to the reviews. When we were served my sister had black hard mashed potato. We called the waitress over and she kinda went eek! She returned it to the kitchen and came back to say the chef said she had "bad" potato and put brocolli on her plate. Then she asked for a medium steak and it came raw with blood coming out of it. The rest of us were able to eat our main dish but we were not going to eat the potato's due to the rotten ones my sister received and the squash was raw. The waitress did not apologize nor did they offer to comp anything. The couple next to us got bad salmon and they did comp that. The service was bad, the food horrible and I would never recommend this restaurant nor would I return. Even the chicken fried steak was burned and came all rolled up from being cooked for to long. Truly the worst dining experience I have EVER experienced!! Shame on them!!

3  Thank Francie L
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What can I say, the food is simple the best and the Ladies there are super friendly and very helpful. If your in the Alpine area don't miss this little jewel. I've been enjoying the food and hospitality for almost 20 years and I have never been disappointed with either one.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was very disappointed in this location since several had recommended it to me. The food had no spices and the vegetables tasted as if they had been frozen instead of fresh. The only item I enjoyed were the grits.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Food is great!! A little above average price for the area, but it's good food and great atmosphere. You ax set inside or out!