“hidden gem”
Review of The Maverick Inn

The Maverick Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 28 July 2012

management and asistant manager provide personal excellent attention since you walk in. Very well located, cozy rooms very nice colonial style, EXCELLENT STRONG INTERNET signal, Safe (very safe) family oriented, SUPERB Continental Breakfast, you choose what to serve, open stocked kitchen frig. Pool, BB pit. Excellent cooler climate to stay ,travel to BigBend come back same day, not as hot as Terlingua.. Ask for TripAdvisor or similar rates so yur would very afordable. I ve been going 10years to BBend, happy discovered this hidden gemm in Alpine .Some rooms have Spa, other amenities if yu wish. HIGHLY RECOMEND this place. Same owner as Historical Holland Central Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thanks Dude,
I'm glad you found us and took the time to make us not quite so hidden. I especially thank you for mentioning my Trip Advisor Specials. I love getting our specials on Trip Advisor recognized
Mark

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My family was planning a trip to McDonald Observatory and had discussed best options of where to stay in the area. We were planning to use a national chain because we know what to expect. When we saw The Maverick Inn offered as a Groupon Getaway I thought we would take a chance on it. I am so happy we did. The hotel is perfect fand really makes the travellers feel immersed in the ambiance of the area. There are so many little touches to the room and makes the place so special. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Room 31 is huge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Jennifer,
Thank y'all so much for giving us a try. we were giving Groupon our first try and due to wonderful families like yours, we will run similar specials in the future. Thanks again and look for our Trip Advisor specials too. Mark

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We returned yesterday from our visit to Alpine, Ft. Davis, and Marfa and want to second all the previous reviews of this property! What you see in the photos is what you get. You will not be disappointed! When we return to Alpine we will stay at The Maverick Inn. P.S. My husband talked me into driving to Presidio and taking Hwy 170, aka River Road, down to Terlingua. It was a several hour drive but worth it. You will see some of the most beautiful scenery in Texas and I got to wriggled my toes in the Rio Grand!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

We can't wait till you come back and I've got some more great drives for you! We certainly appreciate your second and your great review...Mark

Reviewed 15 July 2012

After making 5 night reservations at a beautiful historic Hotel in Fort Davis, my family and I traveled into Alpine,TX, to see the sights and take in the museums. It was there we came across this HIDDEN GEM. I lied to the Hotel staff where we were originally staying, (God forgive me!), about needing to check out early. I know this wasn't right, but after meeting the staff of the Maverick Inn and seeing the rooms, I know I needed to stay there. I AM NOT LYING when I say if you do not stay at the Maverick Inn or at least stop by to see it for yourself, you are wasting your time anywhere else! The fact that they treated my children so genuinely well, they immediately won my approval. The food and refreshments exceed your typical Continental Breakfast served at most Hotels, and it was during breakfast, I met another couple who were staying in Marathon, TX and also checked out early to stay at the Maverick Inn. By our second night here every room was occupied. Thank God I checked in when I did!

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a stand up shower, instead of the garden tub!
1  Thank chris p
TheMaverickInn, Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Chris,
It is such a pleasure to host your family and your praise humbles me. Thank you again and the invitation to just stop by and check us out is deeply appreciated. Please let us see y'all again in the not too distant future...Mark
PS. Please tell the family "hi" from all of us!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We just returned from our stay at The Maverick Inn. We loved it. The rustic decor perfectly fit the adobe exterior and West Texas mystique. The room was comfortable and well appointed. We had plenty of room for a family of 4. The staff was so very nice. We felt like we were among friends. It is a small property and that led to getting to know some of the other guests as well. The train comes through sometimes, but I happen to love that and they give you ear plugs for every guest for those who don't enjoy it. It wasn't loud anyway. If we ever get to that area again, we will definitely stay at The Maverick again. Three cheers!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12. It has a small courtyard with a table and chairs, two queen beds, is across t...
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Oh! We love the cheers and thank you so much for the recommendation and the tip for future guests. In Alpine and here at the Maverick, you'll always be among friends...Mark

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I had the experience of spending three nights in Alpine,TX at the Maverick Inn. What a delight!!! The Maverick and the Holland hotel in Alpine are owned by the same company and are being remodeled (restored) to resemble their past but all the amenities of a modern facility. The staff at the Maverick are superb from the mgmt. to house cleaning. I say house cleaning cause they treated us like it was our house! Everyone was so friendly and helpful - just one big family. Our room was very clean and included a refer, micro, coffee maker etc with ceiling fans a table, chairs and a desk etc. The pool area was very nice with a covered veranda that was cool in the evening -even in late June. We'll definitely be back again and bet you would too if you stayed once.
Bobby & Robin Richardson

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size so you should know what you are getting before checking in. Remember this is a ru...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Bobby/Robin,
It was such a pleasure to read your review with fond memories of your stay with us. It's guest like y'all that make coming to work not seem like work at all. Sincerely, Mark

Reviewed 3 July 2012

The personnel at this location are some of the most caring and warm-hearted that we have ever encountered at a motel. They bent over backwards but they don't have much to work with. The facilities and logistics are severely lacking. The website indicates a hot continental breakfast. However, we don't know if it was available because the office closed at 10 at night and opened at 8 in the morning; we were out and about by 7. We don't recall being told of the restricted hours and it wasn't until we went to get a cup of coffee in the evening that we found out about the limited hours. When the eating area was open, it was outstanding. Great choice of just about any drink you could imagine. The coffee selection was excellent. Bagels, muffins, cereals, breakfast bars, fruits, yogurts, milk, and spreads in abundance. There was no management immediately available outside of the hours listed but the manager did respond within 10 minutes to a phone call at night. The pool was not monitored and although it was to close at 10 pm, it remained in use until the manager was called in to send folks back to their rooms. A sign tells people at the pool that if there is an emergency at the pool, they can call 911 from the office (there are no phones ia the rooms) but that doesn't help if the office is closed. We cannot speak for other units but our unit was extremely tight. Not sure the queen was really queen and the mattress seems to be worn out. Shower curtain did not fit (there was no room for a tub) and in fact looked like it was a half of a curtain with ragged edges. Pool towels were plentiful and the pool area was pleasant. The TV was more of a computer monitor in size. Ice was abundant. Grounds were well landscaped, neat, and tidy. Room was clean but does not resemble anything shown in the pictures online. Location of the motel is outstanding.

Room Tip: See the room before you commit to saying. Our room looked nothing like what was shown on the intern...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mad_Mervyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Holland Hotel
#4 of 13 in Alpine
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!