I had stayed at the Maverick Inn two or three years ago on a trip to the Big Bend, and really enjoyed it. Last weekend, I was in Dallas, headed toward Salt Lake City and home, when I saw a huge ice storm was predicted. My planned route took me straight through it, Clearly, it behooved me to find another way home, so I headed south and west. Logically, I should've stopped at Ft. Stockton, but I had such fond memories of the Maverick that I decided it was worth going out of the way. I called for a reservation, telling them that I would get there about 8:00 p.m. It was starting to rain and getting foggy about 7:00 when I got a phone call. It was the desk clerk at the Maverick, calling to see if I was OK. Wow! I felt so appreciated. I was fine, but if I had been in trouble, it was great to know they had my back. Since my plans had changed, I knew I wouldn't have enough clean clothes to get me home. They let me use their washer and dryer---no charge. The room was comfortable and clean, breakfast next morning was yummy. But the feeling of being cared about was priceless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a boutique historic hotel, we've got you covered. The Maverick Inn features rooms with luxury amenities, a complimentary country breakfast, and high speed Internet access. We are located across the street from Sul Ross State University and are near Big Bend National Park. Come stay with us at The Maverick Inn, the True Roadhouse for Wanderers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Maverick Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Maverick Hotel Alpine
- The Maverick Inn Alpine, Texas