“Wonderful experience all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maverick Inn

The Maverick Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Waco, Texas
“Wonderful experience all around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Maverick was one of the high spots on our trip, There are few of the old motor hotels left and this is one of the best. Park right by your door, bed was great. Breakfast selection was wonderful and the cat on duty would clean up any crumbs you drop. The staff was as friendly as everyone else we met in Alpine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed there the last 3 years and think it is great. The service is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was especially helpful because when you ride a motorcycle it is easier to eat breakfast before you gear up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked this place because of reviews from tripadvisor. However, after stay there one night, we feel disappointed given its price is over 100 bucks.
(1) The outlook is cool
(2) The location is good
(3) The bed looks clean

(1) The room assigned to us is very small and without enough chairs. It is not spacious as other people reviewed.
(2) The room we stayed is just close to the street and with lots of noise. Hubby couldn't sleep well at all
(3) Breakfast starts too late (start from 8AM). So just be prepared if you want to leave early in the morning
(4) The shower head has problem and the shower is tiny. It took me a long time to wash out soaps.
(5) The light inside the room is very poor. I personally don't like it.
(6) The wifi signal is so poor and be prepared you can't have any signal at all.

All in all I won't recommend this place to others. If I know it is like that, I would rather pay less and live in some other places at Alpine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vera H
Mark S, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Vera,
Thank you for your review and providing me the insight into you disappointment. First let me truly apologize for your frustration, but would like to address them in this forum. The Maverick was built in the 1930 and the building you were in was actually the first building built although we have gone through several renovations the are some things that remain unchangeable such as the bathroom size and original piping issues. Please understand I am not making excuses, but we have done all within our power to correct those issues. Nor can I do anything about our proximity to the street. I really wish you had brought up your early morning challenge with the staff as we provide all of our breakfast items the evening before for your early morning convenience. At the time of your stay I had identified a WiFi broadcast deficiency and replaced an antenna the following week that was damaged during a recent wind storm prior to your stay, so please let me apologize again. Feel free to contact me at :manager@themaverickinn.com if you feel I could do more to address your concerns.
Mark Spring, GM
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Nice staff. Cool-looking buildings. Good free breakfast. The prices are reasonable; rooms are rustic but in a good way. This is our second time staying here. Stayed in room 31, the big room with queen and king bed. Free Wifi and the signal is strong. We'll be back.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank SlipperyWeavel
Thank you for the review. The best part to me was that this was your second visit and I'm just glad to have you back and that all was well. I really appreciate your WiFi comment as I did have a recent issue, so it is reassuring to know that is resolved. Thank you again...Mark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Clever and tasteful decor. Great place to stay, Loved the convenient and plentiful breakfast items. Juice, yogurt available at all times. Lovely outdoor patio to enjoy your food! Our room was a little small, even though others mentioned their's was huge. Perhaps they have different floor plans. Overall it was great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Genie Q
Mark S, General Manager at The Maverick Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Genie,
We hope you will return and we'll get you a bigger room, because you are right that all of our rooms are different (we didn't inherit a floor plan). I'm just glad I had the opportunity of visiting with y'all and that you enjoyed "grandma's kitchen". Thank You for your review and we'll see you soon...Mark
San Angelo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

What a surprise! I feel like we are stepping back in time just a little. So quaint and charming. Very clean, well decorated, comfortable beds, and warm staff. There is a train that runs through town but even that is charming. We will be back for sure.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Donald C
Donald,

Thank you very much for your review, since you're no stranger to West Texas, it nice to know that we can give you something different in a throwback experience.

Thanks Again,
Mark
Hayden Lake, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The rooms are huge, well decorated and very western funky. Everyone on the staff is extraordinarily helpful and when we had a very early morning departure, they made breakfast items available to us the night before to keep in our room refrigerator. Yummy cinnamon buns and more. Head across the street to the Big Bend Museum to get a sense of the park you will be visiting next.
The trains do go by at night, but they provide ear plugs and I honestly was not bothered by the sound of a train whistle in the wide open spaces at night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank raggazza1
Thank you! I'm glad to see that "funky" is still an appreciated style because I know we are and glad that you enjoyed it! We really do thank you for your review, it means a lot to us that you reviewed places in 40+ cities and we take that to heart. Come on back for cinnamon rolls anytime!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpine
Holland Hotel
#5 of 13 in Alpine
Hotel Saint George
Hotel Saint George
#1 of 4 in Marfa

Been to The Maverick Inn? Share your experiences!