Quality Inn
Value Lodge(Alpine)
US$58
US$63
  • Free Internet
All reviewsno elevatoreggsbig bendbiscuitsroom was cleannice stayhot breakfastpool and hot tubmcdonald observatorystaying at this hotela great place to staynothing fancyin townfirst floortwo nightsenjoyed our staywould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The rooms were very clean and the service was great as well. It has been a while since I have stayed at a Best Western . And I can honestly say is that they have come along way. My husband and I do see us returning in the Fall. Thank you Best Western for your great hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Melba,

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to us that you enjoyed your stay and we welcome the chance to serve you again next trip! I agree, Best Western has come a long way as a brand and we are all very proud here of our affiliation with them. I will be passing along your comments at our staff meeting Friday, thanks again!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Upon check-in, I asked for an upstairs room and the clerk said that he had one and proceeded to assign me a downstairs room. Once we got that straightened out, we found the room to be clean and spacious. The only issue ws that the tub emitted a loud sqeaking noise when I was in the shower. Kind of starnge but not really a problem. Breakfast was typical hotel fair with scrampled eggs, bagels, biscuits and gravy that looked as though it had been sitting quite awhile. The male clerks were a bit snooty, but got the job done. Overall good place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room to avoid the noise of the lobby TV
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very proud of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it! I will speak with the staff about the need to be more accessible and definitely less snooty! In regards to the lobby TV, I agree it gets a bit too noisy! I will definitely address this issue so next time you can enjoy a downstairs room! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband and I spent five days back in October starting on October the 8th. We had a wonderful experience. The whole staff was helpful and hospitable.

I have tried to go to the Best Western.Com web pages and sing your praises and the site itself shut down while trying to send a letter praising your company and the staff at the Alpine Classic Inn.

We went to see the Marfa Lights and were totally frozen when we returned but when we returned to the Motel it was wonderful and felt like it was home. We also went to see the McDonald Observatory Star Party, and that was a good experience also. But, we would have liked to see the big telescopes on a tour of some sort, and apparently I didn't book the right tour for that. But all in all it was a good experience.

Our little long haired Chihuahua had a good time too.

Breakfast was wonderful.

I feel like we'll come back.

Donna and Don Birdwell

Reward number 6006636815918984

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Donna and Don Birdwell,

First of WOW, I am glad we were able to convey our spirit of hospitality to you! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and hope that all of our guests get that same feeling of home! I will pass your kind words along to the whole staff!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Good price for what you get. Nothing fancy, but clean and good customer service. Limited breakfast selections but basic hotel breakfast. We stayed here on our way to Big Bend and at Holiday Inn on our way home. Holiday Inn is a little nicer but maybe not worth it for the price difference. The hot tub/pool were not filled and closed for the winter at Best Western (where as at Holiday Inn the spa was indoors and available). We would stay here again if we didn't care about using the spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Jodi B,

Thanks! I think we are a good option for the price too, sorry about the hot tub we had a freeze this year and drained it to keep the pipes from bursting like last year!!!! We should have it up and running and well insulated but March!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

After a long evening of searching for the famous Marfa Lights, a comfy place to lay your head is always in order. The Best Western Alpine Classic Inn is just a few miles away and offers great rooms which includes a hearty homemade breakfast in the morning. The staff is outstanding and friendly, the rooms are clean, and the location is convenient to the college, downtown Alpine, and several eateries. And for you ghost hunters, it has a few interesting stories and legends of its own! Worth the stay if you are traveling throught the Big Bend area.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor is a quick jaunt to rooms, pool, and breakfast lobby area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sue B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thank you for the kind words! I agree, we are a great, and economical, home base to view the Marfa Lights. Also, for you ghost hunters, make sure and check out the mural of the "Murder Maverick" in our lobby!