“Great Place to Stay Alpine Big Bend”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 24 January 2014

If you need accomodations in Alpine, Texas I can highly recommend this one. I decided to save 50 bucks and skip the Holiday Inn. Couldn't be better for a Best Western. Excellent breakfast, nice room. Very friendly owner and staff. My usual Best Western ratings are an 8 if everything is great. This ine 9+

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniel F
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you we try and put our best foot forward and stay friendly, I think the breakfast is fantastic as well! Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

As one arrives to Alpine, you are met with several choices. Some exalting clean rooms, American or Texan managed, lowest prices, etc. However; tuck off Hwy 90 E is the Best Western Classic INN. The exterior is an L shaped bldg away from the highway. But my-o-my when you enter in the looby you are greeted with a classic 'western' motif and very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious for the price, the bathroom is too tight, the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast has most everything one would expect: eggs, bacon, cereal, hot cereals, toasts, etc. The INN also has a swimming pool and a hot tub. Looking for a notch above place to stay. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks, I've come "expect" it but I agree we have a lovely hotel and staff, thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The room was pleasant and large enough, but the bathroom was very small. Because the locking systems were old, the keys took a few tries before they worked, but once they started working, they were reliable. The front desk clerk was very helpful when asked about activities in the area. The best part of the hotel was the lobby decor, and the owner was quite proud of it. The hotel was nicer than I expected in such a small town, and the little town of Alpine was charming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much, we ARE very proud of our lobby murals they were painted by a local artist Stylle Read who also painted a mural recently for the city here in downtown Alpine! We encourage everyone, even if you aren't staying with us, to stop on bye!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here and were greeted by a young lady and her dog. Hotel is comfortable and quite nice. We were actually pleasantly surprised given the area being rather isolated. Being allergic to dogs, cats and smoking we were disappointed to be greeted by a dog in the lobby which is right next to the breakfast area. If you like pets this is the place for you !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review, we agree that our hotel is both comfortable and nice and are glad you felt the same! I am so sorry you were greeted by Marguerite AND her dog, this is definitely NOT a hotel policy or accepted occurrence. We have spoken with Marguerite and she is aware that regardless of her circumstances, she shouldn't bring her pet to work! WE are a "pet friendly" hotel, however we expect our staff to focus on the guests, not on their own four legged (or two legged for that matter) friends! We hope you give us another chance on your next visit and let us put our best foot (not paw) for you!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

While power went out in area 30 min. after we checked in due to beginning of several days of icy winter storm moving into area, it was restored and hotel went out of their way to make everyone as comfortable as possible during outage that lasted couple hours. I made these reservations even though we traveled with travel trailer due to thinking the RV areas around would be full due to ArtWalk weekend crowd. Weather was harsh so crowd was down, but conditions kept us from hauling trailer in icy conditions that were developing quickly. Our backup reservations at BW were a lifesaver during the two nights there for us. I asked if we could extend a second night and we were quickly accommodated. Our travel trailer was safe in hotel parking lot as well. Although I did notice that the backup emergency lights in hallway and other areas did not come on at all during this period and hallways were very dark. Rooms very clean and comfortable with working microwave and refrigerator which we used daily. Bed was comfortable. My only dislike and it's a personal one is that the vanity portion of the bathroom was part of main room and not in separate room with the shower and commode. I prefer them to be together in own space with a door that can be closed to main bedroom. Room was very quite and heard very little or no noise from other rooms or hallway area. I would stay here again when in area. Good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words, it was a difficult situation and we are glad we made it easier for you. We all appreciated the patience you and all of our guests exhibited during the power outage!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hotel was clean. Major customer service fail however was inability to control temperature of room. Booked room for 4 nights over Thanksgiving holiday. Temperatures running 20's at night. First night room was too warm, not unbearable, just no covers required. I prefer cooler room at night so I reported this issue the next morning. I was told to turn ac down to 60 to cool room. I requested maintenance look at it. When I returned later in the day the ac was on high fan and down to 60. Room never cooled off. Slept with window open which I was less than thrilled with considering window was facing secluded unlit area, but did cool room off. Another issue I had was that I had to have key reprogrammed every night. Not a big issue but coupled with warm room it was frustrating. I'm afraid I would not recommend this hotel or ever stay again because of room issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather D
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of the problems you experienced during your stay, without guidance we can never improve. I am pleased to note that the rooms were up to your cleanliness standards, we strive to do the best with what we have. I am sorry, however, both that you experienced problems with the cooling and key systems as well as that our staff failed to address these issues adequately. I am utilizing this comment in a training session with my staff this week in hopes that they can more accurately deal with these issues in the future. Our goal is to do much better than we did with you and I apologize. I would love to invite you back to give us another shot, or at the very least offer my ear if you would like to discuss the situation further. I can be reached at the hotel most days at 432-837-1530.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have stayed here multiple times while looking for our retirement property in the last two years. Staff is always pleasant and the breakfast fare is hot and hearty. Rooms could use a refresh but they have always been clean and comfortable. We will return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the fantastic review, we think we are the best value in town as well! ALSO, we are just starting a fairly significant remodel that may hold some pleasant surprises!