“Great Room - bad mini-frig”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Mini-frig froze pop - can exploded at 1:30 am 2nd night of stay. Despite multiple requests no one ever dealt with the issue. I was told I could pull it out and unplug it to stop it from beeping....really: Otherwise it was a great hotel, delicious breakfast, and very nice friendly staff. Carpet that comes up wall like a baseboard needs to be swept...covered with dust.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Eddie B, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

I am so happy to hear that our staff, AND breakfast made a great impression. We are actually in a partial remodel process now and new fridges and microwaves are en route! I can't wait to hear what you think of them! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Pretty Average value hotel. Liked: Wifi speed and capacity. We averaged 6 devices per room connected with at least 1 running Netflix and never had connection problems or wait issues Disliked: Sign telling you to call on house phone to get someone to the front desk. Room keys being reset daily forcing a trip to that desk. Rooms need some maintenance faucets leaked and really slow drains

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your reply, Our Front Desk does the laundry now during laundry hours. That is because our regular laundry Lady was diagnosed with Cancer, and now we all pitch in to have fresh laundry for our guest... We hope your next stay is a better experience.

Thanks, Eddie Brooks Manager.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were neat and clean. Walter was especially kind to us during the middle of the night when we needed assistance. We would recommend it to other who are planning to visit alpine.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to access e second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for choosing your stay with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks, Eddie Brooks Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Internet reception was excellent. Plenty of hot water and thick, fluffy towels. A/C is regulated (I hate that!) so it only pulled the room temp down so far and then cut out. <SIGH> This seems to be the norm. But it got cool enough I could sleep well, so that wasn't an issue.

Breakfast in the morning was a 'hot' breakfast with eggs, biscuits, and sausage gravy. Of course they have coffee, juice, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc. You will not leave breakfast hungry or wanting.

Parking was clean, level, well-lit, and close to the doors. I didn't worry about my vehicle staying here.

Check in and check out was smooth and clerks were polite and pleasant.

All in all, a great place to stay. I will stay here again if I'm in town.

Room Tip: No elevator (that I could see) so if you have accessibility issues, ask (demand?) a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Frog4aday
James B, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time and letting us know how we are doing, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice clean and friendly place to stay. Wonderful breakfast, with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, coffee & my favorite creamer "French Vanilla". Entertainment was terrific after the Cowboy Poetry. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
James B, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We think French Vanilla a great breakfast and Cowboy Poetry go great together too! Glad you had a good time!

Eddie Brooks

Reviewed 23 February 2014

nice quiet hotel, clean, comfy bed I had asked for a 1st floor room but was told they were taken since there was a special event in town. However when I arrived the clerk had put us in a 1st floor room. I was grateful since there was no elevator and the stairs would be hard on my knees.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your requests are inportant to us, I am glad we could help!

Eddie Brooks

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here when I was in the area to see the nearby Marfa lights. The manager happened to be there when a friend and I were stopping later in the evening. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with the staff there and they know the area and it's history extremely well. The lobby was decorated for Christmas when I was passing through and it was gorgeous. The beds here are so very comfortable, the rooms cozy and the water was hot for my entire shower. The breakfast offered in the morning is beyond the usual toast, cold bagels and warm juice. They cook to order, put out biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, the full Monty!

Other than breakfast, the hotel doesn't serve other food, but next door is a delicious 50's style diner that's not overly expensive.

I highly recommend this hotel for travelers on the back roads of Texas and make sure you see the Marfa lights while you're in the area. There's also an Amtrak station in Alpine, for those who decide to stop for a night or two, then head out again on the train.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MojaveRattler
James B, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

So glad to hear your feedback, we sure do enjoy Christmas time and spending time with our guests!

James Bennett, CHA