“Good Value for a BW”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Pretty much what you would expect in a Best Western, plus a little more. Nice large murals in the 2 story lobby done by a local artist. Also had some historical displays in the lobby. Top notch full breakfast, eggs cooked to order when we were there. Room was clean. Everything worked including the WiFi. People at the desk were both friendly and helpful. If you are looking for modern and comfortable, then this place will do.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DFWTom
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 23 September 2009

My crew and I were going to stay at the Hampton on the West side of town since it was brand new. We checked out the Best Western and looked at one of the rooms, and though it is a bit dated, it's clean and comfortable. We saved $35 per night and didn't miss a thing. The pool needs to be cleaned and it's not heated. The hot tub doesn't do much other than give you hot water to soak in, but it did the trick. The BBQ grills in the pool area are a great feature. The cook-to-order breakfast is a nice step-up from what we would have had at the other end of town. I opted for the double queen "suite." The extra space was great. Mini-fridge and microwave are great to have, too. The WiFi can be a bit sketchy, but the computer in the business center works very well.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank bogberto
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Rude staff, unpleasently dirty rooms. No internet service or business center. My room was dirty hair in shower and on sheets. There was no way for me to send emails. My room wasn't discounted for it being dirty nor was I offered another room. Will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Saraim
Reviewed 8 April 2009

This hotel is to us one of the best choices in the area. Travelers should remember that they are in far West Texas - this is not generally luxury hotel country. Management and staff were courteous and helpful, and breakfasts are great - eggs to order, biscuits and gravy, even homemade bread! There is a nice pool though it is unheated and it was too cold to swim. The hot tub was out of order - a drawback where nights get cold. Bathrooms are on the small side, and the sink in our room was in the bedroom area which I didn't like, but overall this is a comfortable, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Previous reviews are accurate, clean and good value. Be warned there is no elevator, the bathrooms are tiny and be sure to specify the floor and bed type you want. We expected to have a choice on check in but only two double bedded rooms on the second floor were available and we wanted a king (the beds were fine, but we were still disappointed the reservationist did not advise us). Now, the breakfast. The first morning the selection was great, and eggs were custom cooked for us. Imagine our disappointment the second morning when they ran out of everything (except eggs) by 8:15 (breakfast was supposed to be served until 9:30). By 8:45 staff had gone to the store and purchased milk and SunnyD, but nothing else. When we asked what had happened, the desk clerk could offer no reason ... or credit for the missing breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while visiting Big Bend National Park.
Room was exceptionally clean with incredibly comfortable beds and pillows. However bathroom was very small... felt like a closet.
Reservation was inaccurate - I had booked the 2 room suite but front desk clerk told me at check-in I had booked the oversized suite but not the one with the separate bedroom. I had the reservation sheet with me! She told me she would have moved us to the other suite except the hotel was full and they were sold out. I suspected that since there was a college group staying there, the hotel had changed my reservation to accomodate the college group. The suite we were assigned worked fine... it just was not what I booked.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and there was a gentleman there preparing fresh eggs made to order.

Potential guests need to be aware that there is NO ELEVATOR in the hotel, so if you have trouble walking up stairs with luggage, be sure & specify 1st floor.

The "high-speed" internet is very SLOW! It runs like a dial-up and websites take a long time to load.

Hotel staff were very friendly and courteous and the overall appearance of the hotel is attractive and clean.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Zell
Reviewed 3 January 2009

My husband and I had to stay here after a horrible experience at a different hotel in Alpine so we arrived in the middle of the night...
Upon our arrival, a police officer was chattin' it up with the lady at the front-desk, drinking coffee...my first thought: Yay!
Our room was super-clean, service was excellent, and the breakfast was pretty darn good!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)