“A Great Place Along The Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Great Place Along The Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

I was very pleased with my overall stay at the Best Western Alpine Classic Inn, in Alpine, Texas. It's not a 5-star luxury hotel by definition, and it's not new, but considering where it is, and what's around it, the service was great and I would definitely stay there again. It was a little pricey at the time I was there, but I had a really great room with a sitting area, microwave and small fridge. It was clean, the bed was very nice, the wireless internet was excellent which was a little unexpected considering the remote location. The breakfast in the morning was great. The staff across the board was very helpful and very pleasant. I had been on the road several days and was able to get my laundry done. I was there at Memorial Day and spent one day at Big Bend N.P. on my way to other places. There is no restaurant on-site, and I was not able to find a good restaurant nearby. At that time of year some places are closed because that's technically the beginning of the off-season. It is HOT during the day and HOT in the park and a lot of facilities in the park are also not working. I suggest to travelers that you take some food along that you can make in your room; there is a grocery store in the room and I think there was a McDonald's but otherwise Alpine is a very small, tired old town.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Emeryville CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

On a two-day visit to the art foundations in Marfa, I decided to stay 25 miles away in Alpine because I didn't like the reviews of Marfa's hotels. The Best Western in on the main drag, has a nice spa and clean but cold pool, and very comfortable, spacious rooms, with microwave, refrigerator and flat panel TV with lots of channels.

Best Westerns tend to fall in the two-star category in terms of amenities, and this one was definitely in that class. But I've always liked Best Westerns--they don't over-promise, don't have luxurious reception areas, but always live up to their promise. And of Best Westerns I've stayed at, this one could well be the very best.

The only thing that bothered me was that at check-in I was first put into a room with two queen beds, even though I was clearly alone and almost certainly had reserved a single. But once I had dragged all my stuff back to the front desk, I was moved to a nice room with a single king-size bed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel on an overnight stop. Although we arrived at 3pm we had to wait until after four for our room to be ready (very annoying after a long drive). The rooms are ok and the breakfast is decent, but we felt that we overpaid for what we received. No decent eating places within walking distance (we went to the bar across the street and had the worst steak of our lives!)

This hotel is not worth going out of your way to get to.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while we were traveling in Big Bend Country. We found everything about our stay to be pleasurable. The king suite was spacious, very clean, in very good condition, and the bed was superb-especially after staying in a tent for six nights! The staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The full breakfast was made to order and very good. Though we didn't use the pool secondary to inclement weather, it was sparkling and looked inviting. The staff recommended shopping at a few local shops we found to be fun, and dining at the nearby Buffalo Rose Saloon and Penny's Diner was excellent as well! I would definitely recommend this hotel and Alpine-I hope we can make it back sometime!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

My husband & I own a business so therefore at times it's almost impossible for us to take a two-week vacation. However, we have now made it a point to take advantage of our little opportunities and head west to Alpine, Tx. On our very first stay we found Best Western Alpine, Texas Classic Inn and for the last four years have come back on what we call our "mini vacations". Not once have they dissappointed us.
The rooms have always been clean, breakfast has always been hot & plentiful. And much more importantly, their service and staff have always been kind, considerate, curtious and caring.
The staff was very informative and quick to help us with any requests.
We have not encountered any problems or disappointments and will continue to stay at Best Western Alpine Classic Inn. We've even convinced my brother & sister-in-law this is a perfect getaway. They, too, look forward to their stay at Best Western.

• Stayed April 2010
Candelaria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

I live on a remote ranch in West Texas and come to Alpine once a month to get supplies and my mail. There are several hotels in the Alpine area and I have stayed at most of them, but I keep coming back to the Best Western Alpine Classic Inn. When I walk in the door, they remember my name and all of the staff are courteous and friendly. BWACI has become my home away from home. Their rooms are clean, my dog is welcome, and their breakfast is good.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

The staff is great. The rooms are always clean. Anything I need is never a problem. The location is perfect. I stay here everytime I am in Alpine TX.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business