“Get English speaking front end clerks”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvarado
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
“Get English speaking front end clerks”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at LQ IN BURLESON, everything was great during my stay except I waited 36 min. For the clerk to come out and check me and 5 more customers in NOT RIGHT for a Hotel the man in front of me was late getting his son to a soccer tournament and was disappointed just as I was, we got no apology from the lady about being so late checking us in Get good help for your CUSTOMERS WE COME FIRST, let me run your front end. You will get rated # 1.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is new and clean. Nice room, king size bed, chair for sitting but no sofa has stated in room description. The front desk clerk was very rude and on the phone when I arrive. He did not acknowledge my present until I turned to talk to my Mexican travelling mate. The front desk clerk was extremely nice to him, telling him how he coould upgrade his membership, asking him on what floor he wanted, recommending the third floor bc on remodeling. I have to ask for the third floor and I am a single woman!!! I rated the hotel high bc I stay at a lot of LQ and this one is nice. I wish LQ would hire better staff for their front desk. This is the second time I stayed at a LQ in a border town and each time the front desk clerk of Mexican descent, was rude but extremely nice to my Mexican travelling partner.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor and ask for a free upgrade to a jr suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank bst701
Lake Charles, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Room 211 was stinky and had a broken toilet seat. There were two hairs on the bedsheets, and the final straw was the broken door lock. BUT we asked for a different room, and the clerk was very nice about it. We moved to 213, which smelled clean and fresh and the sheets felt crisp and clean, too. Still the fridge made noise so I unplugged it, and the sink dripped, so I closed the bathroom door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was traveling to Alvarado and I stopped in to get a room I waited for 5 minutes at the counter to be acknowledged. The clerk was on the phone speaking spanish which I dont and he finally said he would be with me. THree minutes later I went across the street to a SUper 8 and had a wonderful night. THis poor experience will lead me away from La quintas.

Room Tip: Use the Super 8 across the street Better value and nicer clerks
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I really had no complaints with this hotel other than all the vending machines were broken. But the Sonic is right there in front so I got my soda there. It was clean, quiet and very comfortable there. It was so quiet we didn't see any other guests until preparing to leave. So if your going to stay and require beverages, stop elsewhere before you check in. At the time I stayed there were smoking rooms available

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Convenient to Diamond W arena; would chose again over other nearby motels; staff (maybe owners) perhaps not American. clean and high quality motel http://survey.medallia.com/static/vs.1437b31d2f8/images/tripadvisor/family-selected.gif

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

ingram texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We travel and like La Quinta. Wife is in a power chair and La Quinta has great handi-cap rooms with a roll-in shower. We had stayed at Ardmore La Quinta and was just returning to Kerrville texas. It was 1235 AM and we were very tired and our GPS directed us to the nearest La Quinta. Outward appearance was nice but very few cars in the parking lot. On check in I requested a handi-cap room and desk clerk said he had one han di-cap room left and it had a JAQUZZI HOT TUB. HANDI-CAP ROOM WITH A JAQUZZI HOT TUB..? Room has BLONDE 1970s furniture, with a 32" flat screen TV with satelite box under the TV with two remote control units. One turned TV on and off and adjusted volume, while other controlled the channels. The bed was not the normal plush beds like other La Quintas but very very firm . The room had one picture on the wall, strange for a large room. Same way in the dining area of the hotel, there were no pictures or room decorations. Looked like an old MOTEL 6.. The smoke detector was missing the cover for the battery and I could not see any battery. The carpet was very very worn and was frayed at the door of the bathroom. Wife is in a power chair and the bathroom door opens on the right side of the door frame so she had to close the door and sqeeze up by the entry door and then open the bathroom door and then the same to get back into the room. The room seemed clean but the JAQUZZI surround tile had been pieced together and had large gaps. The soda vending machine was broken, the guest laundry room had a large sign indicating out of order and the pool was a very dull green with trash and dirt with a empty soda bottle floating on top. Same with the hot tub beside the pool. The area beside the suit case rolling racks storage had three large wall tiles that had fallen off and were laying in the floor. This is NOT a typical La Quinta.. The parking lot was dirty with mud and loose trash in grass area. Seems that this OWNER is not updating this hotel and it is NOT up to La Quinta standards..

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SirBentley400
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvarado
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado
#4 of 5 in Alvarado
Quality Suites Burleson - Ft. Worth
Americas Best Value Inn - Midlothian / Mansfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleburne

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvarado? Share your experiences!