Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is your average holiday inn express hotel. The night we stayed the internet was down and the girl at the front desk had no clue when it would be back up...really not sure if it came up or not. The free breakfast was nice, something for everyone. Beds were comfortable, the shower didn't have a lot of pressure. Overall not a bad one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear TheDixie,

Thank you for your recent stay with Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Alvarado. We value you and your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds and our Express Start Breakfast. I am sorry about the issues you encoutered with our internet and our water pressure. My team and I are deligently working to resolve these concerns.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alvarado Texas area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating but could not do so because the cleaning staff needs some training in cleaning.
But I cleaned up.
Upon arrival they were out of carts but the manager gathered up a few maids and she helped as well carry in our things WOW!! They offered and helped. The BED WAS SUPER COMFORTABLE and I am picky due to a bad back and we have a sleep number at home. The staff at the front desk greet you every time you come in or out. Friendly
I would recommend this hotel any day but you might have to do a little cleaning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Good morning N S,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express-Alvarado and providing feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and that they took great care of you during your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping staff did not do a great job of cleaning for you. I will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure we continue to strive for excellence.

We look forward to seeing you again when you travels bring you back to the Alvarado Texas area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have stayed here several times, the staff is very helpful and freiendly. Generally get in late and leave early. Bedding package is new and comfortable, breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express but the staff and the servers make it very enjoyable to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Hi Mas4467,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites-Alvarado and for your feedback. I am glad to hear that our staff took care of you and you enjoyed your Stay Smart Bedding Package. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Alvarado Texas area.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

My husband and I stayed over the Christmas Holiday to be close to family who live nearby. The hotel is fairly new so thought it would be a good choice, however on returning to our room on a Sunday evening our room had been cleaned, trash emptied and fresh towels but our bed not made. Being a Sunday and probably short staffed we didn't complain but the same thing happened on Monday evening. We do not expect a sheet change but at least make the bed. We called the front desk and was told "I'll make a note of that". On check out my husband issued a complaint again and there had been no note made previously. We usually find the Holiday Inns clean and comfortably for short stays but was disappointed with this one. On check out we were told that maybe we could get some extra points for compensation which was okay and a nice offer. Within 10 minutes of driving away we got a phone call and the desk clerk said the hotel would be happy to comp one free night of the 2 nights. Wow, now that is the way to take care of customers. Also, need to add, while my husband was checking out and making his complaint, the head housekeeper was called in to listen to his complaint. That was impressive. Yes, we will stay there again due to the good management and the friendly desk clerks. When there is a complaint I wish everyone would take it as serious as this team. Thank you.

Room Tip: This is a hotel on/near the main highway probably used as a short stay for travelers or to visit fam...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The stay I had in this Holiday Inn was the most positive hotel experience I have ever had. Check in and out went seamlessly. The staff and the manager were all very pleasant, helpful and accommodating. My room and the hotel its self were very neat and clean. My bed was oh so comfortable and my room was quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was delicious and right on time. Even the grounds and parking lot were neat and clean. I have done a lot of traveling and stayed in many a hotel and I can honestly say this ranks right up there with the best of them. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for 1 night in October as my daughter had an event in the area. It is well located just off I-35 about 30 miles south of Fort Worth. The hotel is clean, tidy and well maintained. Staff are friendly and attentive. The room was comfortable and we were not disturbed by any noises from outside. Breakfast was included and was standard for a Holiday Inn Express. There are some fast food places within walking distances and also a good liquor store. We went to Benny Joe's and had an enjoyable meal. There is not much else in Alvarado - it is pretty small.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here while visiting my family in Fort Worth. I booked not knowing how far away it was but after driving the first time the 30 min didn't seem that bad. The hotel is great it looks new and well kept. The staff was friendly and always willing to help with what ever I needed. I have 3 kids and we staying in a room with two beds and a pull out sofa and with all of us in the room we did not feel cramped it was a big room. Breakfast was also great one day they even had omelets. I will be going back next time I am in town. Thank you for the great stay

Room Tip: Big room a lot of space I would pay the little more for a suite it is well worth it
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvarado
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 5 in Alvarado
Motel 6 Alvarado, TX
Motel 6 Alvarado, TX
#5 of 5 in Alvarado

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alvarado? Share your experiences!