“was ready for the same o same o poor service and dirty rooms.”

Motel 6 Alvarado, TX
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Alvarado
Peculiar, Missouri
“was ready for the same o same o poor service and dirty rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

work for the railroad, so of course we live on the road. a place to call home is VERY important to us. read the reviews before traveling here and was ready for the worst. WOW, I LOVE THIS PLACE. rooms are clean, up-dated, only complaint was the entrance was hard to see and passed it twice, but once there, was well worth the trouble. don't care what you saw on old reviews, this is a great place and WILL STAY HERE AGAIN. hope the new owners keep up the great job to turn it around. GOT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stopped using Days Inn where possible as it is a roulette game on quality, this one was fine, decent internet, good nights sleep and reasonably furnished, where it was a disaster was the reception, awful, unprofessional and a complete lack of customer care. I handed my company debit card and instantly told it was rejected, no thought of delivering a statement and no concern as to the situation, I informed her that was impossible due to the large amount that was in the account only to be told it was rejected and how was I going to pay, I asked again to try the card but she was not having it so I paid with my private acount and went 30 yds to a bank cash machine, took out $100 and proved to her that there was plenty of funds, again she was not interested, I spent the evening annoyed and went to see the manager in the morning and surprise surprise, they are family !!!! I will not return on principal and will report them to Days Inn

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger S
Alvarado, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stay at this location every month because my husband is located in a facility nearby. I travel alone most of the time and I feel very safe at this location. It is in a perfect location to restaurants, the highway, and not very far from nearby attractions. The cleanliness of this location meets my standards and I do not have to worry about leaving my personal items behind while I am out of the room. I have never had any problems with my belongings missing or have had any problems with the staff addressing small issues in a timely matter. Small issues such as the fire alarm running out of batteries or turning on the heater for the first time and having the fire alarm set off. I look forward to staying hear for as long as my husband is located nearby. I get more for the price I pay and the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: the up stair bedrooms are quieter (footsteps)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
jitendra p, Manager at Motel 6 Alvarado, TX, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Calling 1-800 Days Inn was not good, very slow but when I called Alvarado direct my reservations were confirmed very fast and correct. Arrival / Check In was fast and courteious very clean lobby and room was very functional for work environment.

Will stay here again on future business trips.

THANKS,

Mike

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom have good access to frontage road on Arrival and Departure NO congestion.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Comfort, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Very nice motel! Clean room & well made bed. The night clerk was helpful & made me feel at home.... which was nice after a 700 mile journey! The pool looked inviting tho it was too late & I was too tired. No complaints.... only compliments!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank grahamsblues
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Very nice staff great free breakfast very clean rooms I have made this my number 1 place to stay and I travel here a lot always friendly and clean. The pool is great way to refresh and no worries about the other travelers nice clean place nice neighborhood...

• Stayed August 2013