“toilitries vandalized, average rooms, average price, and not very clean.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Alvin/Houston
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Willis, TX
“toilitries vandalized, average rooms, average price, and not very clean.”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed at the Americas Best Value In Alvin, TX for apprx. 5 nights. It was your average older motel with an clean appearance upon first glance. But there were some problems with the room, such as a cracked toilet seat that would pinch you when you sat down and the old blue velvet blankets full of holes and cigarette burns.

One morning I had noticed that my toothbrush had a stray hair on it, Upon trying to remove the stray hair, a whole mass of of long blonde hair came out of the toothbrush, like something you would pull out of a drain. I know the hair could not have been mine, because I have dark shaved hair. It appeared to me that they had used it to "clean" something with it. The next morning the hotel staff was notified of the issue then we checked out early and moved to the Holiday Inn Express next door. (Nice clean hotel by the way)

The Americas Best Value Inn was seemingly unhappy about having to refund us for the remainder of our stay due to checking out early and we went about our way.

A few hours later they began harassing us about a stain on the mattress, stating that we had to pay for a new mattress and claimed that we had vandalized the room. Shortly after the phone call the proprietor, Yogi filed the police report.
I have obtained the police report and the report states as follows: "It's obvious the boss, Yogi, is reporting the housekeeping inconvenience because of his anger towards "us" (name removed). Yogi is using the police department to get back at "us" (name removed) No damage occurred"

Upon returning to the hotel to dispute the damages, they allowed me to inspect the room. The stains on the mattress appeared old, and there was a variety of different colored stains. I had tried to document the stains with my camera phone and was immediately rushed from the room by hotel staff. Upon being removed from the room I had left to Alvin police department to speak with the officer that had handled the report.

I would highly encourage anyone reading this review to stay clear of this hotel, Not to mention the psychological damage of the contaminated toothbrush, I had to take time out of my busy day to visit with the hotel, as well as the Alvin police department about the "vandalism" and quite possibly my credit card company to fight the charge for the new mattress.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank LAWFirearms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is a good value and good location to everything I needed. Staff were nice and helpful. The Breakfast was good, but they need more help, they got slammed when we came in and one lady was rushing to restock all the food but she had a hard time keeping up. Rooms were a little outdated but comfortable and honestly thats all I care about.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fordntx
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights when visiting family n the area. We arrived in the evening and were tired and when we walked into our non smoking room it stank of smoke. We went back to reception who only had one room available that needed cleaning as it had been a late check out. The reception staff went with the night manager to get the room ready, nothing too much trouble. Good breakfast choices, rooms all spotless. We had another problem with guest in next room, very loud and noisy but again, the night manager took care of it. Will definitely stay here again, can really recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine R
San Antonio
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Wanted to be fairly near Galveston the day before leaving on a cruise. As I had seen positive reviews (but no recent ones), decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed. The room was very nice. The pool looked inviting ( wrong season though). The reception and breakfast areas were appealing. A hot breakfast was advertised and there were hot items. It is a fairly small location, so breakfast was on a smaller scale than if it had been a large "Inn". All necessary choices were available however.
I think this is a location where workers (construction/road?) stay as there were a lot of what appeared to be work trucks parked there. No problems.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ronnim
Loves Park, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Everything was perfect, we had the pool to ourselves all three days we stayed. Pool was well kept, rooms were beautiful, staff was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. They made our stay completely enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyMoore
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2011

My job requires me to travel throughout the country.I stayed in more than my fair share of hotels.Americas Best Value Inn-Alvin is very captivating and only for half the price of most hotels that cost $100 or more,you recieve the same quality of every aspect of a comfortable stay if not more of it.It is guranteed if my occupation lands me in the vicinity of this establishment there is no doubt where my head will lay for the evening!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Beware as the rooms online are NOT the same at the hotel. They will not honor your reservations and then you will be looking for another hotel at 1 am like we were.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvin
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Galveston
Super 8 Alvin
Super 8 Alvin
#2 of 8 in Alvin
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Americas Best Value Inn-Houston/Hobby Airport
Americas Best Value Inn - Angleton
Americas Best Value Inn - Medical Center North

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Alvin/Houston? Share your experiences!