“Nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Alvin

Super 8 Alvin
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Alvin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Garland, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Open for about 3 years per the counter person, there were obvious things that needed attention. Bed's were horrible with springs being felt giving uneven pressure points. There were live bugs in the room. There was a dead bug smash and smear on the ceiling that no one cleaned off - nice. The smoke detector in the center room where a ceiling fan "should" go was pulled from the ceiling and hanging down by its wires about a foot. The tub faucet assembly was ready to come off the wall. Someone burnt something in the microwave and stunk and was not cleaned. A/C worked good from wall thermostat. Counter staff was nice and said owner was going to change out the beds (uh huh). The caulk in many areas was shriveled and pulling away from the wall. Was really expecting more for $102/nite (all taxes included). Should be a $65/nite room for the deterioration factor. Looks fresh & clean in public areas, but room was less than desired.

Room Tip: Ask about bugs and how they control them. Ask about how old the beds are. Ask to see if the A/C is...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kirti B, Staff at Super 8 at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this review, 25 May 2015
I am so truly sorry for your stay. We are glad that you gave us your comment. We have made so many changes recently. That we hope that you will come see us again.
Staff at Super 8
Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great motel ! Like new condition. Very clean, the overall appearance is great.
I enjoyed my stay and would be stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kirti B, Manager at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this review, 7 May 2015
Thank you for your comments & take your time to let us know how your stay was. We appreciate the feed back. We do hope to see you again & hopefully you enjoy all the upgrades we done.
Sturgis, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staying at the Super 8 in Alvin was an okay experience. Positives: The rates were reasonable. The room was spacious. I left my phone charger in room, called and the housekeeping found charger and saved it at front desk for me, until I was able to return and pick it up later.

The reason I'm giving it only three stars is 1. the room had an unusual odor. Not terribly offensive, but just "off." It was as though a strong air freshener was used to try and cover up an old smoke smell. 2. breakfast: the continental breakfast was very limited, and the breakfast room was far too small for the number of people trying to squish insided the small room. It really wasn't practical to try and eat inside the tiny room at one of the few small tables, so it appeared that most people were taking their food back up to their rooms. One morning the line was so long, I decided it'd be better if I left and went elsewhere for breakfast. 3. the room had a several areas on the walls which appeared to have been repaired, but not well, Different colors of patch-up material, haphazard painting, scratches and cracks in the walls. 4. No hair dryer available. 5. After my first night there, my room was not made up by housekeeping (no clean towels, bed wasn't made). It was made up on the second day there. And, my key didn't work after my first night there; I had to go to front desk and get it re-activated.

Overall, it was okay, and I would probably stay here again if I was in Alvin.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Kirti B, Staff at Super 8 at Super 8 Alvin, responded to this review, 14 May 2015
We appreciate your comments. And have been correcting every issue that our guest have had . We have made so many changes and we hope that you will come back and visit us again when all the changes are final. We are truly sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.
Staff at Super 8