“Great Service!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The gentleman at the counter was very friendly and helpful! He helped out when we called in for the reservation and new who were when we arrived. Check in was fast! Defiantly would stay again! Rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. They allow dogs, big plus for us!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesswilhite

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Roll away bed was itchy. When I asked for extra linens and blanket, I was given one roll away cover. Also, somebody took away our "Do not Disturb" sign. Still, I have to say, the staff at the check-in/out desk were very helpful and friendly and the breakfast buffet was beyond my expectations. The room was sufficient for our needs (for 3 adults and 2 medium-sized dogs). There was no designated area for pets on the grounds but the semi-fenced in area in the back of the hotel was convenient for little walks for our dogs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Nice budget hotel with no surprises. Only a 30 minute drive from Galveston. The Room was well equipped, had free WiFi, and breakfast had a number of choices. My boys enjoyed the pooland i should have made use of the fitness room. No complaints on this trip and we would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David F
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in on a Tuesday. Staff was super nice, and we were upgraded to a bigger room on the 1st floor, very convenient(which we paid for) since we would be staying 6 days and 5 nights for business. Everything was perfect until Saturday when we were expected to check out. We told them no we had booked until Sunday. Well obviously someone made an error, so they told us they had only one room left and that every other room was booked and we had to move rooms. (The other guy with the company even had to go get a room at Best Western next door because of this "error." Anyways, the room the put us in was on the 3rd floor and we were in the room about 4 hours before we noticed that the air conditioner didn't work at ALL. The fan was blowing, but no cold air. So I called the front desk, he came up and checked it, and said he had a room available in case something like this happened... Hmmm, so what if someone else's air quit working what would you do? Anyway, he was very nice and moved us a few rooms down. An "upgraded" room he said. We got in the room which we are in now, and it smells so bad it makes me nauseous. The room is bigger because it's a handicapped room, and it smells like a porter pottie! It's almost midnight now, so I'm not going to bother with it, but I would not come back to this hotel, unless I got the one room we stayed in the majority of our trip which was room 122. Other things are the laundry rooms definitely needs upgrading...one of the washers are broken, and it was too crowed for just 2 washers and 2 dryers...old ones at that...people moving everyone's clothes to rush and wash theirs. And they need a whole new housekeeping crew. The rooms are poorly cleaned...I can't stress that enough. Lazy lazy housekeepers. The duvets are tattered, all of them in every room, and the pool and jacuzzi has a lot of bugs and dirt in the bottom. I will say that the architecture is great...the rooms on the first floor have beautiful high ceilings, and all the rooms have ceiling fans, which I think is great. The breakfast is really good, and they have complimentary coffee at the front desk. Also, in the room with the couch and sitting area, the tv is in the middle of the room, so it's hard to see the tv if you're lying in the bed...maybe make it to where it swivels...? Again, I probably will not be returning, unless the company requests this hotel, but I will be sure to tell the owner of our company I don't recommend this place, even though the desk clerks were great. The hotel is lacking in so many other areas.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Courtney F
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very nice Hotel, close to everything in town. Close to restaurants, WalMart, CVS, gas stations, close to bank for ATM reasons. Great location, easy to get in and out of. Oh main highway in town, so easy access for trucks with trailers, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was very nice. The ambiance and staff was great. The only thing I would have like better was more of a variety for breakfast and hot tea or cocoa served throughout the day like coffee.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently was in Houston for business and stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites in Alvin. Alvin is in close proximity to Houston and Galveston. Loved the room, cleanliness, ceiling fan in the room was a plus, and the 47 in television was perfect!!! I recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvin
1 mi away
Super 8 Alvin
#2 of 8 in Alvin
Scottish Inns & Suites
Best Western Plus Manvel Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin? Share your experiences!