“Good clean, friendly hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alvin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We enjoy our stay at this hotel every time we're in Alvin, which is pretty often. We love the fact that LQ accepts pets. The staff is friendly and helpful as well. The rooms are clean and fresh, breakfast is good too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Location, amenities and staff make this La Quinta our choice for lodging when visiting the south Houston area. We have never encountered any negative issues with this hotel and will return again and again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Front desk receptionist had to finish her texting before she could check us in! House keepers will get in the elevator before you and make you have to wait because they have there cart with them and there just is not enough room. Where she should have let us go first, then go on the next one.
Pool was very clean and nice. Rooms were nice. They must have all just been remodeled.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

lets start at beginning , making reservation I have No complint ! the guy was very polite , a good impression . I did not catch his name , however I DO know he has GINGER colored hair and is irish, we conversed about our heritage which was nice. when I got to hotel MR ginger was not on duty, sadly , a brunett fellow was, HE was not friendly , scrutinized my license , as if I were a criminal , looking at it , then back at me, I do not look different than my license . 2nd I was told I could not have a requested room on 1st floor, he claimed they were all booked, throughout the night of which I could not sleep , the hotel walls are thin, the bedding is awful, no big and fluffy duvet , instead a worn out ugly thin bedspread! therefore I looked out my window thru the night , there were very few guest's, I do not understand why ?I could not have a room on 1st floor! next the SMELL! the lobby smelled like cat pee ! it was pretty strong! I stay in quiet a few hotel"s and so I expect a certain standard, I have never had a sub standard LA QUINTA, this particular LA QUINTA is not very old , I have stayed in " older LA QUINTA'S, with the old design, yet had quality, fluffy clean duvet's, I did NOT hear my " neighbors" I do not understand the detoriation of this hotel. I stayed there last month. The next time I need to stay in Alvin , I will stay next door at THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. the only positive were the ginger haired fellow and the breakfast was delicious with everything one could want ! eggs , biscuit.s , bacon, gravy for biscuits, fresh fruit , but I cannot stay there just for the breakfast and a polite person on phone

Room Tip: as far away from lobby as possible , has a terrible odor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank anadee2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I like La Quinta because their rooms are always clean and the hotels always give a good presentation. The breakfast is great, the staff is friendly, and the accommodations are as we expect. Our biggest issues with this hotel were twofold: the beds and the distance to Galveston. The king bed was like laying on a board and the sofa sleeper - for our 14 year old daughter - was so uncomfortable that she slept with us the second night. The distance to Galveston (about a 35-45 minute drive) was a little longer than we would have liked, but it was tolerable. Overall, this was a nice hotel with friendly staff. On our next journey to the coast, if being really close to the island is expensive, this will be our hotel of choice.

A La Quinta traveler
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I will start my review off saying the staff was friendly and helpful...that is the only postive experience we had at this hotel. When we checked in we were given room 119. It had a smell and the ceiling fan did not work. I notified the desk after one night--the desk clerk found another room for me...it smelled worse than the room we had..she spoke with the manager and upgraded me to another room...this one smelled of urine really bad. We went out and came back they had finally found a room that did not smell but, my son had to sleep on the roll out sofa and it was near the air conditioner...which was very loud every time it came out...so he did not get much sleep..on top of all of those issues the sheets were very rough. To top things off they do not serve decaf coffee at breakfast. I picked this location after reading the review and looking at the pictures. I thought it was a new hotel...it is not. It is old--the minute you walk in it smells... I would not return to this location.

1  Thank bstaceyb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston-Alvin
Alvin Extended Stay
#5 of 8 in Alvin
Scottish Inns & Suites
Best Western Plus Manvel Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin? Share your experiences!