“Froberg's Farm - - country pickin's”
Review of Froberg's Farm

Froberg's Farm
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Alvin
More attraction details
Owner description: Pick Your Own Strawberries
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Looking forward to fresh strawberries we headed to Froberg Farm in Alvin off Hwy 6. midmorning on Friday (Good Friday). Since it was such a beautiful day - 100's of other folks had the same idea. Although crowded, parking was not a problem with officers directing traffic. You line up to get a bucket to pick your own strawberries in the field. Huge, fresh strawberries! I shopped in the market and picked up some great vegetables as well. My husband had to stock up on their famous fried pies too. Fresh vegetables, friendly folks, fresh air - - what more could you ask for!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Let me just start off by saying that if I lived closer, I would go there just about every day. If you live in Houston, it is only about a 45 min drive south. The farm boasts self pick strawberry fields. As well as a small fresh produce market and a smokehouse next door. My friend and I knew we wanted to shop in the market as soon as we walked into the place so we decided to go strawberry picking first. You have to pay a dollar in cash for a bucket, but you can also reuse it. The experience was amazing. We even picked up some fresh basil plants on our way back in to the market. There were so many choices in fresh produce. My favorites were the roma tomatoes. When I took them home they were delicious. Mostly everything is at a great price. They even have specialty granola and jars of jams available. The marketplace does accept cash and cards at check out. The smokehouse had samples of sausage near the door of the market. It was so good I ventured into the smokehouse and came out with applewood bacon, jalepeno cheese sausage, and smoked cheddar. It made my mouth water thinking about having it for breakfast the next morning. I was not disappointed. Get there early and bring some friends. You won't regret it!

4  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, candy. Reasonable prices. Wonderful people. Pick your own strawberries in the spring. Pies and BBQ also available for purchase.

3  Thank Alice S
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

The fuits & veggies are good, but when you go, you must get a homemade baked pie. To die for. The buttermilk is my absolute favorite. I also really enjoy the smokehouse. Very good sausage on a stick and beef jerky.

2  Thank bigmommaghb
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Its a farmer market, a produce stand of sort and has both a snack shack and Greaks Smokehouse on site. You have the opportunity to pick your own fresh produce at cheap price, then travel a few feet to the smokehouse try a various types of well grilled, smoked meat product both cooked or frozen for take home. Its worth the drive.

4  Thank Roland W T