“On the road again”

Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Fairview, Ok
“On the road again”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I get the job of delivering product for the company I work for. I was getting sleepy and decided to stop here. They gave me an upgrade to a king suite for the lower price. Also offered me a snack and a bottle of water upon checking in. Nice heated pool and hot tub. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CarlaSchmidt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I am a regular guest at Comfort Suites across the US--This was my first and last time at this location. The exterior was nice with the exception of lights burned out in the parking lot. The lobby was very nice. I reserved a 2 queen suite and it was ready at my arrival but when entering the room the stench of previous guests smoking in the room was very strong and the carpet was scarred from previous smokers leaving cigarette burns. I contacted the front desk and the employee came and checked the room and offered to spray fabreeze to mask the cigarette odor which we declined and advised that he would note our account so we were not surcharged for smoking in the room.This hotel should not have the comfort suites name on it.

Room Tip: pick a room at another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stopped at this hotel on my way back to Denver from Houston. Nice lobby and the place was very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Got a nice room on the third floor that was quiet and got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
louisville.ky, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stopped at this Comfort Inn after a day of driving east from the Grand Canyon and was really tired. We checked in late - after 9:00 pm and were given a room on the 3rd floor. The lobby was a little loud with music emanating from a bar very close to the check-in desk. the upper hallway was dimly lit and overly warm. The room was very warm- 78 degrees on thermostat, so we turned the AC down. When it came on, it was extremely loud and ran continuously - not cooling very fast. The bed was hard - not firm - with hard spots all over like the springs were ready to come through and the edges of the mattress were well rounded from wear. It needed to be replaced. After 6 hours of trying to sleep in this miserable room , we packed our things and left at 3:30 am. Upon leaving we found our check-in receipt had beed pushed halfway under the door. Anyone walking down the hallway could have taken it with all our information on it..
One other thing was a price list of the items that some people take from hotel rooms. It made us feel like we were not to be trusted, insinuating that we were going to steal something.
I will never stay at another Comfort Inn . They need to rename this one the UNCOMFORT INN. One miserable experience.

Room Tip: Stay at a Best Western.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay ,Asked for a good peaceful room for a good nights REST and Recieved a good location away from elevator bing and away from ice machine noise in-which I HAVE experienced bad nights But very helpful and very polite Mr.Oscar Nunez did cater to my needs WITHOUT A HAZEL, GOOD BREAKFAST, Clean Room which I can say not all in Amarillo are, Overall I had a Very Pleasant Stay!!!!

Room Tip: Get A Room on Parking Lot Side so you can see VEHICLE if you have VALUABLES, Plus Rooms also have A...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This property was so gross we left and forfeited our free points stay. Went next door to the Ashmore Inn. The carpets were disgusting, it was located next to a strip joint (which is not stated on the website), and the place was run down and not taken care of. We didn't feel like our vehicle would be safe in the parking lot. There was a sign in the room listing the prices of everything from the TV's to the comforters on the beds...an indication of theft? Pick another property when traveling to Amarillo...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business in August 2013 and while its not the newest hotel in the area the updates make it an OK place to stay.

Hotel staff on check in and out were very present and were able to help me with local info I needed.

Breakfast was good for the range of the hotel and the texas shaped waffle maker is a nice touch.

Downside - the iron in my room had old water in it and by the time I got it cleaned out refilled and plugged in found out it did not work and spilled water all over my shirt.

The room has a safe in it but they charge you an additional fee for it being in the room. Add that to the "dear guest" sign in the bathroom stating if something is missing like a hand towel they are charging you for it. These little things make you nervous to touch anything in the room.

• Stayed August 2013