“US Roadtrip Stop #4”

Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Melbourne, Australia
“US Roadtrip Stop #4”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel itself is of good quality with large rooms, comfortable king bed, and free wi-fi. These would ordinarily have scored a 4. However a number of issues let the hotel down: a) an hour's wait on check-in from 3 pm ; b) questionable comments by the front desk clerk that I will take up off line, and c) the location was not within walking distance of any decent restaurants and bars

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
oceanside
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my way to Virginia, and it was a relaxing night for myself and family. The pet fee was only fifty dollars and it was in a great location. The only downside was the parking since I was towing a trailer, but the experience was very pleasant. The staff was also very friendly. The only bad thing was the mildew in the shower curtain.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I am down here from Iowa for work and have been since Jan 1st. I was moved to Amarillo and was booked at the Residence Inn off I-40. The staff was absolutely wonderful and accommodated me with all I needed. The room was immaculate, they had just finished remodeling the entire hotel and it was beautiful all around.
I would definitely advise, if you are traveling through Amarillo, to take at least one night to stay at this hotel...it will be worth it!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

The breakfast was very good, but for the rooms being new they were not clean. The front desk kid was nice, but didnt really know what he was doing. It was fine for our visit, but if it keeps up it could potentially be nasty after a few more nights used. I would choose another hotel in Amarillo next time!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast! However, I do apologize we did not meet your overall expectations while you were our guest. I want to assure you that your issues have been addressed with the staff, and we are taking steps to ensure situations like this don't happen again. I hope you will allow us the chance to make it right and try the Amarillo Residence Inn again next time you stay in the area.

Tina Brohlin
New Mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after spending the day at Wonderland with a group of students. This property allows for easy access to lots of great food and shopping options. The rooms, newly re-modeled, were comfortable and spacious, and we loved the decor. Our kids were fine on the sofabed. The staff was helpful and friendly. While the breakfast wasn't the best when compared to other Residence Inns, it was fine for us, refreshed frequently, and the staff was polite. We would likely choose this property again on a future stay in Amarillo.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MK W
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and provide us with feedback regarding your experience. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites, our location and our friendly staff! Guest satisfaction is our main priority, and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as make sure any issues get resolved. You'd mentioned that, although breakfast was fine and refreshed frequently, it was not the best when compared to other Residence Inns. If you have a chance, please call or email us directly and let us know how we could improve our breakfast or enhance the guest dining experience. Again, thank you for your time and your business! We hope you choose to stay with us at the Amarillo Residence Inn next time you are in the area.
Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I usually love staying at Residence Inns and this is no exception. However, the timing of our visit, during reconstruction of the breakfast room area and a few other issues cause me to give 3 stars instead of 4 or 5.

We got into the room late at night and it was a bit chilly in the room. We turned on the heat but nothing came out. Finally about 5 minutes later warm air came out of the heater. I don't know if there is a timing delay but it almost made us think there was no heat.

The room was spacious and the bed was fairly comfortable.

Because of construction, breakfast was held in a small room instead of the breakfast room, which was being renovated. The usual fare of breakfast items was there, but it was in a cramped area.

The pool was nice but the hot tub was 108 degrees, the sign said to not go in unless the temp was below 105. I tried to get the desk clerk to lower the temp a bit, but he didn't know how to do it. I think they need to train their staff to be knowledgeable about things like that or at least to know who to contact to get that fixed. I was really looking forward to the hot tub so that's a shame.

The location is right off I-40 and convenient to Cadillac Ranch, Route 66, and many chain restaurants. Pretty nice overall.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank crazyAustin
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you love staying at Residence Inns. So, I sincerely apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed. Renovation on the new and expanded dining area is complete, and we plan to move into the space by the end of this week. In addition, all front desk has been instructed in the correct protocol for adjusting the hot tub temperature. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Amarillo Residence Inn another try next time you stay in the area and experience the final product of our complete renovation. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our room had just been remodeled. Great room. Great location. Lobby was still a mess with construction. Fitness room looked great but AC was not working so I had to go to Fairfield next door. Staff friendly. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Same as most RI.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank stevetanyaTexas
AmarilloSales, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Amarillo, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback and kind words about the Amarillo Residence Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed the newly renovated suites, our convenient location, variety of breakfast choices and our friendly staff. I apologize that the air conditioning was not working in the fitness room. I assure you that the issue has been addressed. In addition, thank you for your understanding regarding the construction mess in the lobby. We are currently updating the public areas of our property to offer a top-notch experience for our guests, which we are VERY excited about. I hope that the next time you come to Amarillo, you will stay with us and experience the "new again" Amarillo Residence Inn! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.