“Beautiful Room, Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Amarillo
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have never started a review by complimenting the housekeeping staff, but I have never stayed in a cleaner, better maintained room. Carolyn seemed like she was always there to assist with extra towels or anything else.

I was fortunate to stay in a two-room suite and it was just gorgeous. I never expected to have a fireplace in my room for the very reasonable rate. I was able to entertain friends I hadn't seen in a while in my room with plenty of room and atmosphere.

I also LOVED the spacious vanity with all the storage. I was able to unpack for me weekend stay and have everything where I needed it and still have room to move and get ready. That is so nice (and unexpected) in a hotel room.

The location was perfect also. Located on I40 on the west end of Amarillo, we were close to the mall, the best restaurants and getting back to the hotel was always very convenient. Although I didn't need it, the hotel is also located very close to the Medical Center too and with the comfort and size of the rooms would be a perfect place to stay if coming to Amarillo for that purpose.

The breakfast was yummy with an abundance of healthy options in addition to regular offerings.

Thank you Lorri (your name was on the very nice letter welcoming me to my stay) and crew for a wonderful stay! I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here on our way through, arrived late and were greeted by a friendly man at the front desk. Room was quiet, clean, comfortable. Breakfast was good in the morning, although we just had oatmeal, yogurt and fruit - they had a hot breakfast and also waffle iron shaped line Texas. Would recommend, no complaints.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The rooms are clean and updated. The breakfast was amazing! Great, friendly staff. We stayed here going on our trip and coming home. The kids loved the room & breakfast. One of the best hotels I've been to in years!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Spent the night here when traveling west. Hotel is located in a nice location near I-40. We were greeted by a very friendly clerk. It was a Thursday evening and they were having a complimentary burger night which included burgers, of course, but also wine, beer, sodas, potato salad, and chips. As always breakfast the next day was also complimentary. The room was clean and very quiet. I originally reserved a room with two beds but was given a king and hideaway sofa which was fine for us. Rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank whippetguy
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Recently, we traveled across Texas and Amarillo is one of the stops that have Residence Inns. It was modern and comfortable. The business-sized desk helped by providing enough room to work and relax. The only downside was the lack of hot water. It was luke warm, but perhaps too many people were showering concurrently. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. A good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dcseny
Reviewed 6 October 2013

During a recent road trip across Texas my wife and I spent a night at the Residence Inn just off I-40 in Amarillo. Prior to our trip and knowing our route would put us at this location we opted to pre-register online to ensure a place to stay. As we pulled into the parking lot we noted that it was more then adequate, space was available only a few steps from the office making it very convenient! The front desk personnel had our paperwork ready for us to complete the transaction. Our room was clean and welcoming, the floor and furniture seemed almost new. As is typical in a lot of hotels and motels extended stay amenities such as an apartment size refrigerator and stove / oven combination in addition to a microwave suggested management was ready to take care of our every need. More then the room other attractions make this a great over night or long term stay- indoor swimming pool and an open area that serves hot breakfasts are features to investigate. I am drawn to the sourdough waffles when ever I stay here. The staff was extremely courteous and offered an assortment of other breakfast foods as well. Disclaimer here: I am a rewards member and take every opportunity to stay in a Marriott facility, I have never been disappointed!

Room Tip: My personal room preference is one located away from the street. In addition, when I stay in a mul...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MaxRoadster
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Now, that I've covered all the salient points, you can see why we try to stay here when we visit Amarillo. The Texas shaped pancakes make you smile in the morning and REAL eggs, meat and potatoes, fruit, yogurt, and pastries are a great day starter.
The few days that we were there, they had tacos one night for guests, and a barbecue for another. This helps to not have to go out again after you come back to the hotel after a long day.
Now, if you get hungry, the lobby has some options in the refrigerated cases. You won't starve here, for sure. They are right on Route 40, with restaurants galore.
The one thing my husband had trouble with was his computer, which has to have a wired outlet. He didn't get much work done when he came back from conferences and work related days. He knows he is in the minority, and he talked to the staff about it, but the the local WIFI worked wonderfully.
The rain did, (which came through town), mess up the TV connections for a while, but that was a minor inconvenience when you are in such comfortable rooms. Which is why I always carry at least 2 books to read on trips. TV outages happen to our home dish network, too, so we just wait it out.
Thanks for a wonderful few days.

Room Tip: Bring your swim suit, the indoor pool and hot tub will help you relax after a long days travel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business