“I think that I would look elsewhere”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Omaha, Nebraska
“I think that I would look elsewhere”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We ended up at this hotel after a VERY bad experience at a hotel down the street. The room was clean, which was good. There was only a shower though, which was fine for us, but for someone with small kids it might be a problem. However, we did have issues with the air conditioner, which would not keep up. Also, the pool area seemed dirty. The water in the "hot" tub was 88 degrees and yellow...from what, I think that I would rather not know. I am glad that we only stayed here one night because I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NikkiP74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
fort worth
Reviewed 3 July 2011

All other hotels were booked and we were just passing through. The girl behind the desk was really friendly and helpful and humorous at 1 in the morning. The rooms were extremely small, but served it's purpose, but I have to say this place was REALLY CLEAN!. breakfast was certainly doable no complaints. When we left the housekeeping was obviously cleaning all the rooms as they should, and that made me happy!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank lisajarrett
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Thought this was the #1 top rated Sleep Inn. Wrong one!!! Rooms were small and dark, had no lamps only overhead lights. Sink in corner of room. Worse nightmare!?? Got trapped in a small shower stall when the glass door to it got stuck. Standing naked in a small place where no one can hear you scream is a hideous experience. I pounded and pounded on the glass door a dozen times or more to unjam it. I didn't care if it broke or not at this point (it didn't). Finally escaped. Great way to start the day. :( I shuttered to think if my elderly father had been the one stuck in there. Think twice about staying in Room 105. Breakfast was OK, nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TasteGuide

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I booked the Sleep Inn because it was the top-rated Amarillo hotel on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, I didn't look closely enough. The top-rated Amarillo hotel was the Sleep Inn & Suites, not the Sleep Inn Airport.

Though dingy and dark, the hotel was clean enough and had adequate appointments. The fellow at the front desk was efficient and reasonably friendly. The room appointments were adequate - somewhat better than Motel 6 but not what I normally want. The bed was adequate, but the pillows were pitiful. The television was a CRT with many channels but less-than-perfect picture. The wireless Internet was free, but I couldn't make it work. The bathroom had only a shower, but it was one of the nicer and certainly larger showers I've seen in a hotel of this sort.

I won't choose the Sleep Inn Airport again. I believe I could have done much better for the price. But all in all it was an acceptable place for my two nights in Amarillo.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank avancuren
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Hi,
We stayed here for a night and the place looked rundown. This Sleep Inn needed detail cleaning and room repairs.
After we checked in, the wireless connection was out. My wife told the front desk and he said to try using the wireless connections from the neighboring hotel. The wifi was up before the end of the night.
Nothing much to say about the place, it needs work.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Cuztopher
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2010

If you are not paying attention, they will over charge. FRAUD.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank taken4aride
Gulf Coast
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Handy location and friendly staff. For a fun time, call for the free limo service to the Big Texan restaurant. Noisy, small room with a phone that was "locked out" and not repairable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple