Sleep Inn Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Camelot Inn(Amarillo)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrel next doorsausageroom was cleanlarge showergladly stay here againwaffleswalk in showereasy access to the highwaywest sidetv channelshot tubchoice hotelsmicrowave and refrigeratorhot breakfastbed and pillowsthe breakfast areaan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The rooms are clean, pool & hot tub were filthy. ALOT of hair in the swimming pool and brown stuff bubbling around in the hot tub. I did not let my child swim. The guy who checked us in was nice, but the lady who checked us out was so rude! Beside that the stay was nice & quiet. Breakfast was good. They just need to clean their pool and hot tub and get rid of the "mean lady". ( my child labeled her) :-) Over all was ok.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I wasn't expecting the four seasons, but some measure of professionalism and civility might have made this hotel palatable. If this were my hotel, I'd seriously reconsider who mans the night desk.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had planned to stay at a different hotel but it was sold out for the dates we needed, so the receptionist recommended the Sleep Inn.

I was immediately impressed with the courtesy and friendliness of the gentleman at the front desk. Check-in was quick and efficient, even though the phone was constantly ringing with others wanting to make reservations.

Although our rooms were small, they were spotlessly clean. The bathroom was very small, and had an oversize shower. If you need a bathtub, you are out of luck. The bed was very comfortable, the pillows were fluffy, and the internet was fast. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the outdated television. The tv is old, but it worked just fine.

Breakfast is offered, and it is the standard hotel breakfast fare. The Wall Street Journal is provided and a small business center is located in the lobby. A separate sitting area is provided both downstairs in the lobby and upstairs above the lobby. The hotel has an indoor pool but we did not check it out. I did not notice any on-site security guards, but we felt safe and secure at all times. The parking lot is well lit and the outer hotel doors are locked at all times, but accessible by swiping your card to gain entry.

There is not a restaurant on site, but a Cracker Barrel is located right across the parking lot. Other restaurants are located only a short distance away. The Quarter Horse museum is within walking distance.

I have stayed at many hotels costing twice as much but were only half as good as our room at the Sleep Inn in Amarillo. If clean and quiet are important to you, then this hotel should be right at the top of your list.

Room Tip: The staff is friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay a good one.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ranchmum
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed here for a weekend. I have never had problems with anything. The stay was excellent. The breakfast was great too. When i read some reviews on here I thought it was not worth it, but some of these people just want the hotel rooms to be like their house. Which hotel does not have problems. No one keep a hotel perfect. Some of these people that complained are wrong and they should just stay home and not travel. My stay was wonderful. I will come back again. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We ended up at this hotel after a VERY bad experience at a hotel down the street. The room was clean, which was good. There was only a shower though, which was fine for us, but for someone with small kids it might be a problem. However, we did have issues with the air conditioner, which would not keep up. Also, the pool area seemed dirty. The water in the "hot" tub was 88 degrees and yellow...from what, I think that I would rather not know. I am glad that we only stayed here one night because I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family