“Stay Elsewhere - beware of Fraud!”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
“Stay Elsewhere - beware of Fraud!”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed one night and about two hours after we left we received a phone call stating that they knew for a fact we had dogs with us and that we left the room "coated in dog hair" and would be billing us $125.00 because this now meant they had to "clean the room" and call in a specialist to remove the hair. Our dogs were 13 hours away!!! We didn't have any pets with us on our trip! Needless to say after a month long battle with them they finally backed off of the chargers but to call us liars and to say that we did damage when we didn't was enough to make us change every future reservation on our two week trip to avoid ANY Sleep Inn. If you can, AVOID staying here. There are other reviews on this hotel that site fraudulent charges. Aside from the charges, the door to our room was thin and didn't buffer out the sounds from the hallway which resulted in a 7am wake up from a screaming child in the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel! Fraudulent charges!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Treated graciously at the front desk. Rooms are beautifully decorated. Nice variety for breakfast. All personnel were very accommodating to our needs. We would recommend to friends. The lobby area is very inviting.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Doris C
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2012

we arrived late after making reservations online. apparently my request for a ground floor room was truncated by the online booking agent. the front desk was telling other customers that they didnt need to reserve a room tonight because they had lots of rooms. that was just before I was checking in an dthey realized that my request for a ground floor room was cut off. they could tell I had entered a request but couldnt tell what it said. I had asked for a ground floor room because my aunt has a cast on her leg and we needed a ground floor room even though they could see that I had entered some rrequest and even though they had lots of rooms, they had sold all their doubles on the ground floor. they refused to give us 2 single rooms (one on the ground floor) or make any accommdations and they made my aunt in a cast climb the stairs (there is no elevatr) then they complained because I had taken the registration papers (that they handed me). This was a manager's instruction to make my aunt climb the stairs in a cast and they blamed ME for the mixup. The desk clerk did help my aunt on the stairs but I will avoid this hotel from now on and I will tell everybody I know who goes to amarillo to avoid it too. when we finally got to the room, it was clean and new looking. but making someone in a cast walk up stairs when you've got plenty of single rooms on the ground floor and you can tell that the customer was trying to request someting......is atrocious and these people do not deserve to stay iin business

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2012

the property is recently redone.. and quite nice. we encountered several problems/issues:
- our non-smoking room clearly had smokers the night before; we were exhausted, so didn't take the time to move (our choice)
- the maid had not changed the "used" soap in the shower... everything else was clean
- the hotel does not have an elevator.. I'm surprised they can comply with ADA
- the eating area for breakfast can accomodate approx 10 people.... not sure how they expect 200+ people to use the facility.. very much an issue
- the desk agent took another 10% off.. and was very nice
- the rate using AARP was a good value... albeit not with all the isues above
- they have the potential of being a nice place... but need to work some things out...

we'd pass next time...
this time there was a convention and most everything was no vacancy or triple the cost even for holiday inn express or hilton garden inn.

Room Tip: ask for first floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were a little worried as this was the only place in town that had rooms left. We were pleasantly surprised. The desk clerk was so friendly and helpful. The room, although somewhat small, was clean, looked recently redone, and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Dillons1231
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Had to make an emergency stop to let my 5 year old use the bathroom,
we decided to take a look at the rooms.
Very nice rooms , very pleasant staff
would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room downstairs , they have no elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Jesus M
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Amarillo has so many motels in which you could stay - most of them are visible from I-40 and prices are fairly inexpensive. You'll pay a bit more than average to stay here, but in my opinion, it's worth it. The property has been recently renovated. Flat screen TV's in each room and a nice bathroom, sink combo. The AC worked well (important when it's over 100 outside) and best of all was the mattress. I'm glad I asked the front desk for a wake-up call or I would probably still be sleeping there.

The breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo