Sleep Inn Airport
US$82
US$92
US$75
US$114
All reviewscracker barrel next doorsausageroom was cleanlarge showergladly stay here againwaffleswalk in showereasy access to the highwaywest sidetv channelshot tubchoice hotelsmicrowave and refrigeratorhot breakfastbed and pillowsthe breakfast areaan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Hot tub was heated to 75 degrees and pool was colder. Everyone was complaining and they would not fix it! Hotel also states that it is non- smoking and rooms smelled very smokey! Would not recommend any Sleep Inns in Amarillo if you want to use a pool or hot tub. Our last experience at a Sleep Inn was also horrible, with the pool being overcrowded and not maintained!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

This tired old hotel has been well kept and has a very friendly staff.. while there are more modern choices, I have always felt welcome here any problem has been resolved by the staff and the rooms are clean and comfortable. On this last trip the only real complaint I had was a TV set was fuzzy and could not be fixed. However for the price of the bed was comfortable clean and the accommodation laws What I expected from a Sleep Inn

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank DSergi
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I called the hotel to reserve two rooms some time before our trip. I was aware there were two Sleep Inn's in Amarillo and I had stayed at the one on the WEST side of town. You can see my reviews of it have been quite good.
When I reserved, I inadvertently called the WRONG Sleep Inn (this one!). I visited at length with the desk lady and asked a couple of times to be sure I was reserving the one on the west side of town since I was enroute west. She assured me that I was.
Our group of four arrived late at the Sleep Inn on the west side of town. We had no room. The desk agent called the other Sleep Inn (this one) and they confirmed we were reserved at the wrong one. I asked if they could transfer my paid reservation and this one, refused. So we travelled to this AIrport Sleep Inn rather than lose our money. Upon arrival, I again asked to be transferred to the correct location. The desk clerk said he could not do that.
I suspect that this location is riding on the good reputation of the OTHER location and locking in customers who intended to be elsewhere.
We stayed the night at this location. It is not in a good area and I worried about our car parked outside. Even though we had reservations, the air conditioners were turned off, and arriving late, we spent the first half of the night sweating.
I would not recommend this location for what I believe was their improper business tactics - along with the hot room we endured.
BE CAREFUL ABOUT BELIEVING WHAT YOU ARE TOLD WHEN CALLING

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere. If you reserve in Amarillo -- be certain that you are getting the location you are told...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

I do apologize if this was not the location you were looking for, our hotel do not prey on our customers we want them to feel welcome, however if you made a reservation and pre-paid for it perhaps you used our 800 number or used our online help to book your room. Often our customers get confused, however if it was a prepaid reservation that you had, there are restrictions to those in which you cannot cancel and are not eligible for refund due to a lower promotional rate offered. Moreover I assure you our area is as secure as the Sleep Inn west. Hope you give us another chance to accommodate your travel needs in the future.

Olaf R.
AGM
Sleep Inn Airport

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Passing through on our way back had a great experience at Sleep Inn in Shamrock but this property is old and refurbished. Our room had two fairly comfortable beds but no bathtub just a shower. The indoor pool and hot tub appeared well maintained. The breakfast buffet was just ok. The night desk clerk Andrew was very helpful in helping us find a place to have a wonderful Mexcan meal nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here while passing through Amarillo. When we pulled up I was a bit skeptical - this is an old hotel. However, once inside and in our room, it was evident that great pains had been taken to update the interior with fresh paint and linens. The bathrooms - though odd with the sliding door - were serviceable and I actually liked NOT having a tub, only a shower. Good TV, desk area. My complaints.... An old, loud A/C unit; a broken sink stopper; and awful, small pillows that all Choice hotels seem to be adopting. The variety at breakfast was nice - as was having a Cracker Barrel next door. I've never seen a hotel, though, where the front desk attendant leaves - "will be back in 5 minutes" - for more than 15 minutes at a time. Very strange.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple