“Not the place to stay”

Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Sedona, Arizona
“Not the place to stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

First note there are many hotels and motels along the Interstate 40 corridor in Amarillo TX, many to choose from. My mistake was choosing this one the room was clean and the property in good shape .but that is were it stops. after complaining to night clerk about loud arguing couple across the hall ,she assured me it would be looked into. nothing was done the guest was someone who appeared to be a regular or long term extended stay guest so nothing was said. when i complained to Morning clerk at check out she said do not sign your bill I will speak with the manager when he comes in and he will call you. Call never came in after 2 days i called mgr who stated he knew nothing about it and would investigate and call me back he questioned my story like i was lying. but he would call me back. here it is another two days later and still no call but they still charged my card $77.00 plus even without me signing the folio when i checked out. In closing if this is the way they do business be careful and find another place to stay there are over 15 other hotels and motels less then 1 mile of this Sleep inn management appears to be the problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pmlm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
AV
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stopped for the night here on our way home. Didn't have a reservation, but stopped early in the day and paid what I thought to be a fair price. We got there right before check in time, but they went ahead and got us set up anyway. When we started to bring in our stuff, we found that the room was not made up yet. We found the housekeeping staff down the hall and they immediately went to our room and got it ready. It was done before we finished unloading our vehicle. My wife was pretty tired, so she took a nap. I walked across the parking lot to the restaurant next door and ate, good meal for an excellent price. When I got back from eating, my wife was awake talking about the people in the next room leaving a yappy dog there by itself. I could hear it as I entered our room. Not only was the dog barking non stop, but it was scratching at the door and carpet. We contacted the desk and let them know, and they offered to let us move to another room, which we took them up on. They were very helpful and professional. We had a good nights sleep and left early the next morning just as the free breakfast was starting, so I can't comment on it. The room was comfortable, the shower was a bit cramped but worked well, the internet and TV both worked well. I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Very clean, friendly staff, and overall great value. The room was slightly outdated, but for the price it simply could not be beat. I have stayed at Sleep Inns for years now and have never had a negative experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Phil C
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2013

very clean!
great staff! good location for any part of the city
great breakfast selection, even though I did not partake in breakfast here.
for the price, this is an excellent selection.
The smoke free rooms are an added bonus!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank janekweber
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Hot tub was heated to 75 degrees and pool was colder. Everyone was complaining and they would not fix it! Hotel also states that it is non- smoking and rooms smelled very smokey! Would not recommend any Sleep Inns in Amarillo if you want to use a pool or hot tub. Our last experience at a Sleep Inn was also horrible, with the pool being overcrowded and not maintained!

• Stayed March 2013
DSergi
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

This tired old hotel has been well kept and has a very friendly staff.. while there are more modern choices, I have always felt welcome here any problem has been resolved by the staff and the rooms are clean and comfortable. On this last trip the only real complaint I had was a TV set was fuzzy and could not be fixed. However for the price of the bed was comfortable clean and the accommodation laws What I expected from a Sleep Inn

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank DSergi
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I called the hotel to reserve two rooms some time before our trip. I was aware there were two Sleep Inn's in Amarillo and I had stayed at the one on the WEST side of town. You can see my reviews of it have been quite good.
When I reserved, I inadvertently called the WRONG Sleep Inn (this one!). I visited at length with the desk lady and asked a couple of times to be sure I was reserving the one on the west side of town since I was enroute west. She assured me that I was.
Our group of four arrived late at the Sleep Inn on the west side of town. We had no room. The desk agent called the other Sleep Inn (this one) and they confirmed we were reserved at the wrong one. I asked if they could transfer my paid reservation and this one, refused. So we travelled to this AIrport Sleep Inn rather than lose our money. Upon arrival, I again asked to be transferred to the correct location. The desk clerk said he could not do that.
I suspect that this location is riding on the good reputation of the OTHER location and locking in customers who intended to be elsewhere.
We stayed the night at this location. It is not in a good area and I worried about our car parked outside. Even though we had reservations, the air conditioners were turned off, and arriving late, we spent the first half of the night sweating.
I would not recommend this location for what I believe was their improper business tactics - along with the hot room we endured.
BE CAREFUL ABOUT BELIEVING WHAT YOU ARE TOLD WHEN CALLING

Room Tip: Choose a room elsewhere. If you reserve in Amarillo -- be certain that you are getting the location...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Olaf R, Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I do apologize if this was not the location you were looking for, our hotel do not prey on our customers we want them to feel welcome, however if you made a reservation and pre-paid for it perhaps you used our 800 number or used our online help to book your room. Often our customers get confused, however if it was a prepaid reservation that you had, there are restrictions to those in which you cannot cancel and are not eligible for refund due to a lower promotional rate offered. Moreover I assure you our area is as secure as the Sleep Inn west. Hope you give us another chance to accommodate your travel needs in the future.

Olaf R.