Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. The room was very nice and the hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. Little things like the front desk staff suggesting a place to eat, and then when we came back from dinner, asking us how things went and did we like the restaurant. Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherlock6142

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

loud hallway noise and horrible king sized bed. felt like 2 people sharing a pool float. Ugh. however, the green and white decorating scheme in the bathrokm was pretty. the hosta leaves pic made me smile.

• Stayed July 2013
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Ms. Hansen, Thank you for staying with us during your last trip through Amarillo. I am glad that you like our decor package, we enjoy it as well. I am very sorry that you found our beds uncomfortable. We are in the middle of changing out all the mattress and box springs in our rooms and should have this completed by the end of August. I do apologize that there was loud hallway noise. Please keep in mind our front desk would be more than happy to speak with other guests who may be causing too much noise. I hope that the next time you come through you will be willing to give the Fairfield Inn Amarillo another chance! Thank you, Carol Larson, GM
Mico, TX
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

We are Marriott rewards members so the check in was painless, within 2 minutes we had our room key. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. It's a great place to stop in on your way to your ultimate destination. The free breakfast was decent! Excellent value!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I don't what it is about Fairfield, but I think their mattresses are excellent and this particular room had great sheets. My son and I had driven 16 hours from Jackson, Wy to Amarillo and got to Fairfield about 1230 in the morning.

I asked the clerk if there was any milk so I could take me meds and she got me two from their breakfast area .. no charge. When we hit the sheets I was asleep immediately... a real testament to the quality of mattress and comfortable feeling of room.

We were on the road again at 7am. So just a short very refreshing stay.

1 Thank Art S
Cotacac
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had a coupon for another Fairfield Inn property but stopped at this one by mistake. We had no reservations anywhere yet, so the desk clerk called the other property for us to confirm availability and rate. They were not honoring the coupon and were charging $30 more than the Fairfield Inn Medical Center. So we decided to stay where we were, and had a very nice one-night stay. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful -- just what you want after a long, hot day of driving.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

When we first get into our room I notice the toilet had paper in it, thinking that it was cleaner, I went to flush it. But what happened then, it started to overflow! I called they said they would send someone up to fix it. Within a few minutes a lady from the front desk knocks and HANDS US a plunger!! Like it was us that did it! At the same time my parents were checked into their rooms, got there and it was not ready! They had to wait in the lobby for the room to be ready instead of getting a new room. Then later after we went to a show, could find nooo parking, used my key to get into the hotel, for us to make it to our room for it not to work. And the lady at the front desk was no help at all when asked when the manager would be in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
AmarilloFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the issue with your bathroom and that our front desk staff wasn’t more accommodating. I can assure you I have addressed this with our staff so that it won’t occur again in the future. I am also very sorry that there wasn’t another room available for your parents at the time of your check in. Again, my apologies and I hope you will look to us again in the future and allow us the chance to make things right.

Regards,
Carol Larson, GM
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites was a treat. I enjoyed my stay after riding eight hours in a car with two kids. The Fairfield Inn & Suites served eggs and bacon for breakfast which was a complete surprise. My kids enjoyed the pool and loved the heated pool and whirlpool. The fitness center only had three machines so swim for your exercise. Overall the stay was great. Finally it nothing to eat around the hotel within walking distance you must drive your car to any place to eat. Small elevator and located on the access road. Easy to get back on the highway.

Room Tip: Small elevator-Pool is only 5 ft and heated but very small. Breakfast has the eggs and bacon so don...