“One of the better Fairfield Inns”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've stayed at Fairfield and other Marriott-Brand hotels and motels over the past years. Not all are alike--my husband and I were quite pleased with this one. Room was very clean, well decorated, comfortable bed, plenty of room for our toiletries etc in the bathroom. Breakfast is your typical hot breakfast buffet, with all items quickly replenished. Staff friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi in room is a good benefit. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice; fitness room is aerobic only, but we found that at most spots where we stopped.

If you are in the area, no problem with stopping here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was convenient to I-40 as we were going westbound. The hotel was easy to get in and out of, the breakfast was nice (the waffles were Texas-shaped and hence smaller than usual), and the beds were comfortable. The room was a good size and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Robert S,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your room, bed and complimentary breakfast. We get a lot of positive feedback on our Texas shaped waffles, and I'm glad that you liked them as well. We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Room quality was very good.
Service friendly and respectful.
Breakfast quality average and good.
Location convenient to Interstate 40 and restaurants.
Parking spacious and accessible.
Quality Price ratio is very good.
Recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This place was convenient for a quick stop on the I 40, otherwise, nothing to write home about. The rooms were clean, pool and sap were closed for maintence and we couldn't get our shower to work (neither could 3 employees) but our room was never changed....only at check-out did they think to say they should have changed out room. This is an average hotel and if it were not for a discounted price I would not have stayed. The staff was friendly but again didn't go out of there way to solve shower issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Roxita,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. Please accept my apologies for the troubles you had with your shower, and not being moved to another room. I will be addressing your comments with my staff right away to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and I'm truly sorry we came up short. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Amarillo.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

As usual, it wasn't because of the staff. They were super friendly and helpful. And the layout was similar to most Fairfield's. It just didn't quite have the work put into it to keep it top notch.

It was impossible for us to cool the room. We like to sleep when the room is in the 60's and we had the AC turned full boat and nothing good came of it. Our biggest gripe for most Fairfield's was also true here. The square pillows suck. A good hotel needs a good bed AND a good pillow.

We had stayed in another Fairfield the night before and their breakfast offerings were much better with way more selections.

This hotel is a 2 1/2 star.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear SalfromIL,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm glad to hear that my staff was helpful and friendly. I do apologize that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. I will share your concerns with my staff to ensure that any deficiencies in our breakfast are addressed. Without guest feedback like yours, we would not be able to improve our operations. We hope that you will offer us another visit in the near future to show you how we've used your comments to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very good value. This is a very comfortable hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. Queen beds were very comfortable, and we slept well. If there was any noise from the outside, it was minimized by the fan on low speed. Also kept the room air fresh. We thought the breakfast was better than others we've stayed at in this price range. We will stay again when we return in the spring, and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't use room service, but confident it would be good. No eating spots within walking distanc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip in Amarillo. I am so happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be comfortable. Please come and stay with us the next time you are in our area.

Regards,
Carol L., GM

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel was nice Fairfield property. It was clean inside and out of the rooms. The beds were good, not great, but good enough to get a good night's rest. The price made the room a good value. There was nothing special about the hotel but then again there wasn't much of an opportunity. I was able to quickly check-in, went out for the night, came back and good a good night's rest.

One small minor issue was my room was ground level at the end of the hallway next to the stairwell and exit door so it was a little noisy in the morning. But considering the proximity of the room to the stairs and exit, it wasn't as loud as I would have guessed. I would imagine that I could have switched to another room if I asked. Nice staff when I checked in.

Location was close to the highway, shopping, and a few restaurants. There was not any highway noise but I was also at the opposite end of the hotel also.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the room ground level next to the stairwell and exit door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TopperHarely1219
AmarilloFFS_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that the majority of your stay with us was enjoyable. I am sorry that you did not find our beds to your liking. We recently received all new mattresses and box springs, but we do understand that different guests prefer different firmnesses in their mattresses for a good night sleep.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you travel through Amarillo!

Carol L, GM