“Friendly, Helpful, Clean, Great Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Fairfield is far enough west along Interstate 40 in Amarillo to be in a good neighborhood. We were in town for Homer's Backyard Ball. The event and the Fairfield are both located right along the highway.

We came in all dirty from the music festival fairly late and the front desk staff was on the spot to give us additional towels, soap and shampoo with a smile. They were also able to direct us to a spot popular with the locals for great Texas chicken-fried steak.

I really enjoyed our clean room and the complimentary hot breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles from the make-your-own iron.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justin G

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed here a few times, and they remembered us from previous stays (last year). We had full hot breakfast, fresh baked cookies and 24 hour coffee station. They honored our profile by booking us in a room near the elevator, and making sure our room was feather free. They also offered us some bottled water and snacks because we were Marriott Elite members.

The mini-fridge worked so well that our little ice pitcher we had froze before leaving home was still frozen solid the next morning! There was even a small freezer unit for our blue ice!

This room came with a chair and a foot rest, as well as a nice large table.

The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles, and much more!

We left our coats hanging in the closet and phoned them when we arrived at our next stop. They had them ready for pick-up when we stayed there again the next week.

They offer two speeds of Wifi in the rooms. The free version was for email and internet surfing, and the $4.95 for 24 hours enabled video streaming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martha B
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had never stayed here before on my annual trip to Amarillo, but the hotel I usually stayed at went WAY up in rates. This hotel was very welcoming, clean & comfortable.! "Tony" at the front desk was of great assistance with my questions. The only thing was, that I noticed the floors in the elevator & one corner of my room hadn't been vac'd good, and a few other areas of the hotel. I did report this to mgmt. upon check-out & she informed me that they had just received approval for new commercial vacuums as theirs were badly outdated. I still give this hotel 5 stars because it was otherwise perfect! Close to several restaurants, & the medical centers.

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator, but it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel does not meet Marriott standards. The hotel needs to be renovated. Hotel is in a good location. No hot water in the shower. Internet did not work at all. Could not even get logged on. When I asked the staff they said that they did not own the service and that I would need to contact the service. I understand this, but it did not help me when I needed to use the service. The staff is very professional and I do not blame them. I blame the owner of the hotel that does not keep the property up to standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Rpgamble7,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the less than satisfactory stay you had at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. We aim to impress our guests and it is obvious that we came up short during your stay. I have already addressed your concerns with my maintenance staff and internet provider to ensure that future guests do not have the same problems. Please allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable on your next trip to the area.

Carol L.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here several times before, and I keep coming back. It is clean, conveniently located and has a nice staff. My bed was VERY comfortable – the bathroom spotless and my room had nice little frig. There’s an indoor pool and a gym (neither of which I used). Parking is free, as is good wi-fi. There’s a very nice free breakfast spread in a spacious, super-clean area in the lobby. All good! I’ll be back when my travels find me in Amarillo again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff at the Check In Desk were very nice and willing to help us in any needs and wants. The room was large, clean and with extra pillows as we had requested. The pool and hot tub area were very nice also. It is just off I-40 with easy access to it. Plenty of restaurants and gas stations around it. If you are riding a Harley -Tripps H-D is almost next to it if you need something. If traveling through Amarillo again I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is adjacent to I-40 which was convenient during my cross-country trip. The desk staff were especially cordial and made me feel as if my business was truly appreciated! The room was clean and neat and had all the amenities I needed. The hostess at the complimentary breakfast was very friendly and I could tell it was important to her to ensure all guests were enjoying their breakfast and had what they needed. She's an outstanding employee! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Amarillo area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo