Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
San Antonio, Texas
“Perfectly Fine”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yes, across the parking lot the Residence Inn is a little nicer etc but this hotel is perfectly fine for a road trip stopover. It did bother me that the walls of the lobby and elevator were scratched up and in need of a paint job, but the actual room was very nice, very quiet and cool with a comfortable bed and good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Marilyn E,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our quiet rooms, comfortable beds and complimentary breakfast. Please allow us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Amarillo.

Carol L.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was more than pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is by far the most updated Fairfield I've seen, with good sized rooms, and friendly staff. We even enjoyed the pool area. Small but perfect for three kids tired of riding in the car! Having a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot was a huge bonus for this Mom who was tired of driving and in need of an adult beverage!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pampa
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Quite, clean and great service. We had a really nice stay. Front desk was very polite and professional. Maids cleaned thoroughly everyday. Great location. Highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Fairfield is far enough west along Interstate 40 in Amarillo to be in a good neighborhood. We were in town for Homer's Backyard Ball. The event and the Fairfield are both located right along the highway.

We came in all dirty from the music festival fairly late and the front desk staff was on the spot to give us additional towels, soap and shampoo with a smile. They were also able to direct us to a spot popular with the locals for great Texas chicken-fried steak.

I really enjoyed our clean room and the complimentary hot breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles from the make-your-own iron.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin G
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed here a few times, and they remembered us from previous stays (last year). We had full hot breakfast, fresh baked cookies and 24 hour coffee station. They honored our profile by booking us in a room near the elevator, and making sure our room was feather free. They also offered us some bottled water and snacks because we were Marriott Elite members.

The mini-fridge worked so well that our little ice pitcher we had froze before leaving home was still frozen solid the next morning! There was even a small freezer unit for our blue ice!

This room came with a chair and a foot rest, as well as a nice large table.

The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles, and much more!

We left our coats hanging in the closet and phoned them when we arrived at our next stop. They had them ready for pick-up when we stayed there again the next week.

They offer two speeds of Wifi in the rooms. The free version was for email and internet surfing, and the $4.95 for 24 hours enabled video streaming.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martha B
Holyoke, Colorado
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had never stayed here before on my annual trip to Amarillo, but the hotel I usually stayed at went WAY up in rates. This hotel was very welcoming, clean & comfortable.! "Tony" at the front desk was of great assistance with my questions. The only thing was, that I noticed the floors in the elevator & one corner of my room hadn't been vac'd good, and a few other areas of the hotel. I did report this to mgmt. upon check-out & she informed me that they had just received approval for new commercial vacuums as theirs were badly outdated. I still give this hotel 5 stars because it was otherwise perfect! Close to several restaurants, & the medical centers.

Room Tip: My room was right next to the elevator, but it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel does not meet Marriott standards. The hotel needs to be renovated. Hotel is in a good location. No hot water in the shower. Internet did not work at all. Could not even get logged on. When I asked the staff they said that they did not own the service and that I would need to contact the service. I understand this, but it did not help me when I needed to use the service. The staff is very professional and I do not blame them. I blame the owner of the hotel that does not keep the property up to standards.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Rpgamble7,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the less than satisfactory stay you had at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. We aim to impress our guests and it is obvious that we came up short during your stay. I have already addressed your concerns with my maintenance staff and internet provider to ensure that future guests do not have the same problems. Please allow us another opportunity to show you the level of service of which we are capable on your next trip to the area.

Carol L.