“Good rate...good location for my needs - just passing through”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was driving my daughters stuff from LA to Philly and Amarillo was my second stop.
I am a Marriott Rewards member and look for,those properties first. I got a great AAA rate and based on the TA reviews I chose this property. It is just off I40 and since I was driving a box truck that was great. It is true that the property is a little 'worn' but everything worked perfectly and I was comfortable. I did get a room next to the elevator and usually would swap,that out (I am an end of the hall kind of guy). That night I decided to o with the flow and didn't even hear the elevator. I skipped breakfast because it was a Saturday and the small eating area was packed.
If (God forbid) I ever need to go to Amarillo again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank alzsailor
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Alzsailor,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo and for being a loyal Marriott guest. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and quiet rooms. Hopefully, if you are ever back in Amarillo you will have a chance to try our complimentary breakfast. Please allow us another opportunity to host you.

Carol L.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here with 3 adults and five children under 8 in two rooms. The rooms were large and clean. The hotel was relatively quiet, considering it was fully booked with traveling families the night we stayed there. This is a Fairfield, so a small lobby and breakfast area should be expected. I was impressed with the way the staff handled such a large number of guests with breakfast items, keeping the serving dishes stocked and the room picked up.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Yes, across the parking lot the Residence Inn is a little nicer etc but this hotel is perfectly fine for a road trip stopover. It did bother me that the walls of the lobby and elevator were scratched up and in need of a paint job, but the actual room was very nice, very quiet and cool with a comfortable bed and good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo West/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Marilyn E,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our quiet rooms, comfortable beds and complimentary breakfast. Please allow us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Amarillo.

Carol L.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was more than pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is by far the most updated Fairfield I've seen, with good sized rooms, and friendly staff. We even enjoyed the pool area. Small but perfect for three kids tired of riding in the car! Having a Buffalo Wild Wings in the parking lot was a huge bonus for this Mom who was tired of driving and in need of an adult beverage!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Quite, clean and great service. We had a really nice stay. Front desk was very polite and professional. Maids cleaned thoroughly everyday. Great location. Highly recommend this hotel for your next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Fairfield is far enough west along Interstate 40 in Amarillo to be in a good neighborhood. We were in town for Homer's Backyard Ball. The event and the Fairfield are both located right along the highway.

We came in all dirty from the music festival fairly late and the front desk staff was on the spot to give us additional towels, soap and shampoo with a smile. They were also able to direct us to a spot popular with the locals for great Texas chicken-fried steak.

I really enjoyed our clean room and the complimentary hot breakfast with Texas-shaped waffles from the make-your-own iron.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justin G
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed here a few times, and they remembered us from previous stays (last year). We had full hot breakfast, fresh baked cookies and 24 hour coffee station. They honored our profile by booking us in a room near the elevator, and making sure our room was feather free. They also offered us some bottled water and snacks because we were Marriott Elite members.

The mini-fridge worked so well that our little ice pitcher we had froze before leaving home was still frozen solid the next morning! There was even a small freezer unit for our blue ice!

This room came with a chair and a foot rest, as well as a nice large table.

The breakfast was excellent with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, waffles, and much more!

We left our coats hanging in the closet and phoned them when we arrived at our next stop. They had them ready for pick-up when we stayed there again the next week.

They offer two speeds of Wifi in the rooms. The free version was for email and internet surfing, and the $4.95 for 24 hours enabled video streaming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple