Super 8 Amarillo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Big Texan Motel(Amarillo)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstruck stopsoap and shampoowafflesroom was spacious and cleanaccess roadhotel chainthe staff was friendly and helpfulcontinental breakfastwould stay here againodourrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very shabby hotel, small and cramped. I had to wait a couple of minutes when I got to the check in desk as the clerk was on her cell phone on a personal call. I grew impatient and began telling her my name and that I had a reservation. She then begrudgingly told the other party she would have to call back. The bathtub creaked with every move I made as I showered. When I pulled the sheets back to get in bed there was a black bug in the bed. I got in on the other side after killing it and discovered the sheets reeked of a woman's perfume. They didn't change the sheets, just made the bed and rented the room out again. I ended up turning the bedspread over and sleeping on the top of it. Gross, gross, gross! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Where to begin... Lets see first facility was rather dirty. Not so much the front counter area but once I started up in the stairwell/floors, nasty. Then I get in to my room (3rd floor). Looked like someone had walked through my room after doing yard work. Little bits of dead grass on the floor. There were rings on the bedside side counter where someone's drink had sat, never been wiped clean. Brand new fridge in the room, however it only works if you turn it on. Inside the fridge was as hot as outside (Amarillo, TX). Into the bathroom we go... Shower was clean sink was clean but however the shower had no power. So sorry for the rating of two (2) but can go higher than that. Last I received a military discount and and was still paying 82.99 plus a 13.52 per night tax (have no idea what a "night tax" is). I have stayed on the Vegas Strip for cheaper. If you ask why did I not go somewhere else? The entire town was booked due to Rodeo, Baseball Conference and some sort of Insurance roofing issue(s). That is all I really got to say about that. Thank you in advance for your assistance. PS: I have the receipt if you would like to see a copy to verify amount charges.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This hotel was a stop over on a cross country road trip. The hallways smelled of smoke and it seemed to be imbedded in the carpet. The room did not smell as smoky. The hotel is right off the freeway. You must enter through the Waffle House parking lot if coming from the west due to the frontage road being one way. The best part about this hotel was the breakfast. It had a waffle maker and your waffle would be in the shape of Texas. The dining area for breakfast was adjacent to the lobby so it was VERY crowded. The food was good, though. The Average review would probably go up if the smoke smell went away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Our non-smoking room was right across an interior hallway from the smoking rooms. Everytime someone entered or exited one of the smoking rooms the smoke odor filled the hallway. The room was clean, well lit, and very reasonably priced but the offensive smoke odor prevents a higher score.

Room Tip: If smoke odor bothers you, be aware that this motel dos not provide much separation.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Clean is what I appreciate most in a motel and this one met my standards. There were steps to the handicap room, but they also had a ramp which made it easier. The room was very clean. I wore white socks all evening, and they were still white when I took them off!
Breakfast was very good with hot and cold items available, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple