“Location very poor re industrial area with no restaurants...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Amarillo

Super 8 Amarillo
Ranked #48 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Heber Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Here's the low down... Stayed for one night... Check in was NOT smooth at all... Gentleman at front desk was not friendly, and just in a bad mood I suppose... The area is more industrial and is a little on the rough side... Convenient to highway though... The parking lot is fine for a car or truck but would NOT recommend for RV or bigger trucks... We had a U-Haul with an auto transport and I did not feel safe where I had to park it... The parking lot itself is full of trash, needles, cigarettes, beer bottles (You get where I'm going)... The stairs around the backside was laid out very dangerously, especially for children or elderly... Lighting was hit and miss... The rooms are decent but I still would not take my shoes off... Blood stains on the floor... Homeless people hanging out in the hallways, but they were friendly... Pet friendly for $10 per pet... Shower was decent with good water pressure... Towels were yellowish so just used my personal ones... No garbage bags in my room... Window to room opens with a screen but most rooms don't have screens... A/C did work great in my room... Breakfast I skipped... Did not look appetizing at all... Overall, I would NOT come back... Maybe ok for someone that doesn't mind the rough side of life...

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

When we called we were told suites only, very nice we would like them.
Wrong, broken down not very clean recliner and sofa. The tub drained so slow my husband almost skipped shower. Finally drained so he took a very fast shower. Breakfast very skimpy. Gravy looked and tasted like flour and milk with pepper. Not a good value just a larger than normal room. Very old tv.

• Stayed May 2014
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

while traveling with my job I come across this motel back in 2010, I have recently been traveling a lot through Amarillo, I can walk in the door late at night or call for reservations, and this Super 8 motel has always been able to put me in a room type of my request . Walking into the room is such a pleasant, relaxing feeling, the rooms are very clean, the beds are so nicely made and very comfortable, The Staff have always been pleasant to deal with, I have always been happy with my stay at this motel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Allendale, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

There was nothing remarkable about this hotel. There was no one at the desk when we got there and had to wait about ten minutes before the desk clerk showed up. The room was clean, but not exceptionally. There is a Mcdonald's in a gas station behind the hotel (walking distance, but sort of an inconvenient walk) I would consider it for a future stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple