“Decent and low price, off I-27 on South end”
Review of Motel 6 Amarillo

Motel 6 Amarillo
Motel 6 Amarillo
Ranked #54 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Athens, Alabama
“Decent and low price, off I-27 on South end”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is a cut above the average for a low priced motel and actually a good alternative to staying in the higher priced places in the Canyon area if you're headed that way. A decent bed, quiet and a very helpful guy at night check-in. Located Just off I-27 behind a truck stop/gas station. Places to eat are in close proximatey-including a Whataburger just down the street. It's also in a better area than most in Amarillo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I must first say that this hotel has a very clean apperance on the outside...for 10pm (very sleepy). The employ at the front desk was very kind and fast in get us checked in for the nite. Once in the room we had not expected much in the way of a luxury suite. The room was a smoking room but that in it's self does not mean the room should have any less of attention then any other room. Once we pulled the sheets back I noticed massive stains and wear in the sheets that were on the bed (redish).

Again if you are looking for a quick stop for the night and there are no other rooms open then this would be a great place to stop.

Sorry Days Inn Amarillo You just didn't cut it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Here one night on Route 66 tour. Arrived in bright sun,so the pool was welcome. Rooms clean,typical hotel chain. Breakfast ok, biscuits & gravy,which we are starting to like.Free computer, which is always a bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SUNTAN47
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Great location right by the highway. We stayed in the "Texas Suite" and it was very large and relaxing. In room Jacuzzi was a bit small (only built for 1) but the rooms were large and flowing. Great Texas decor. Front desk was very helpful and cheery. Great value if you are passing thru town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This place was a dump. I've stayed at several Days Inns in the past, and I've always enjoyed it, so I felt confident when I checked in here. The rate was $59 + tax, it was in a reasonable enough location, I was simply driving through on the I-40 on my way east, and needed a place to sleep.

The room was old and dingy. Now, it was clean - as clean as the poor staff could get such a thing. You can only do so much with what you're given. The wallpaper was bubbling and peeling in multiple locations, the carpet felt SLIMY when I took my shoes off. The whole room had a stale smell to it. The bed cover immediately came off the bed and there was a cigarette burn on the blanket (it was a non-smoking room).

It was just an old, shabby, run-down place. I should have stayed at the Days Inn near the hospital area.

The breakfast consisted of some icky looking danish and a couple cereal choices. I had to wait for a pot of coffee to be brewed.

Of all the hotels I stayed at in my trip from California to Arkansas, this was the nastiest.

There are a lot of hotels in Amarillo, just find yourself another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Austin
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I'm retired and have asthma so I need a clean room. We found one here. Front desk was friendly. Our room was comfortable.

Lots of eating places here. We ate at the Village Inn. We were tired and it was walking distance.

Target across the street.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, tx
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My family and I recently stayed at this Days Inn, arriving late in the evening, and have sworn to NEVER AGAIN stay at any Days Inn ever. The first room they gave us had a terrible smell, so we requested a new room. The new room only smelled of mildew, and the toilet paper roller was broken as well, but we were so tired we kept it. The pool was green and the spa was drained, which was disappointing to the kids. For $80, we expected a lot more!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amarillo
Comfort Suites South -- Amarillo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South
Red Roof Inn Amarillo Airport/Downtown
Amarillo Inn & Suites
Amarillo Inn & Suites
#44 of 72 in Amarillo
Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Amarillo? Share your experiences!