“King bed has a major problem”

Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 26 December 2013

King bed in room 678, was the worst bed my wife and I have slept on ever. This king mattress needs to be replaced immediately. Everything else was perfect. Hard to say that when the reason we stay at your hotels is because of how nice the beds are usually.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I enjoyed my stay it was peaceful and a good enviorment to work at the staff was polite I even made time to do laundry however I was disappointed there were not windows I could open in my room in order to get fresh air

Reviewed 19 December 2013

One way access into hotel from the main road with a country block to make back to it. The accomiadations are par for the course with a high standard for the Hilton hotels, but was left with a frigid experience. My only needs when traveling are a nice bed and a hot shower, they were 1 for 2. Cold shower was not needed, but after an hour wait to see if they could get the heat going for the shower; was left to a cold experience. This was only met with a colder experience of the desk staff that only aknowledge that corner of rooms all had the same frost bite time. Holiday Inn- my loyalties are trending your way next time in Amarichillo!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Hotel attendant agreed that there are parking issues with this hotel when non-guest related events are held at the facility. This hotel should expand its parking or not hold events. Guests do not have parking options if there are events being held at this hotel. Once again (I had this problem the last time I stayed at this hotel, there was a wedding reception that took all the parking last time), I had to wait hours to find a parking spot. Luckily the hotel is near retail and other decent "wait for the parking lot to clear" options. The sister hotels next to this hotel also had no parking. Because of this hotels location, there are no other parking options. It is too bad that management is letting this hotel be a venue instead of a nice hotel. Do not stay here if they are having and event!!!!!! Ask in advance or you'll be waiting for hours for a parking spot!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Colby W
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I selected this hotel because I was traveling a long distance alone and did not wanted to eat at the hotel. Previous experience at the HGI in Temple was excellent. #1 Don't eat in the Restaurant. I believe my severe stomach pain during the night was because of the salmon (didn't look or smell very good) and drink water - the wine and mixed drinks come in a glass that hold about 1/4 cup. #2 Make sure your door has all its locks. I changed rooms because I could not secure my door which had obviously been broken into. People were very friendly, but this Hotel needs attention. #3 Know that you will pay their price for breakfast no matter how little you want off the buffet. Menu not available.

Room Tip: Back side away from neighboring hotel which is lit up like a circus.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dd S
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have stayed at this property now 3 times. Each time, no issues. Thought staff was nice. Rooms are what you would find in most any HGI. Each time room was clean, no issues. Internet works fine.
There are PLENTY of places close by to eat, Red Robin about 2 doors down, but as I said plenty of choices in a SHORT drive. I personally ate here each of my 3 nights, and in prior trips. Food was FARE, would not say the best of HGI's I have stayed, but not bad.
If back in Amarillo, will stay here.

1  Thank YO_Boracho
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We really liked that this hotel is close to shopping and restaurants, but on the edge of town. We felt more secure and the noise around the hotel is at a minimum. We will definitely stay in this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple