“Very nice”

Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and clean as were our rooms. The pool was also very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only real drawback for me is there is no complimentary breakfast. Our ac worked great though!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The place is modern, the room spacious and clean, and the restaurant a great place after a hard day on the road. So we went to bed. The AC unit was very loud, kind of like an airplane in your room, so we turned it off. About 12:30 it roared for 45 seconds then cut off. Checked the controls they were on off. Back to bed. 1:15 got another 45 seconds of roar. This continued all night. Impossible to sleep. Then I remembered our room had an AC that did the same thing the year before, but stupid me, I forgot. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
TJ S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn® Amarillo, intend to exceed all your expectations.
I see there were a few areas that you have bought to our attention. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused at all. We have taken all your feedback and made sure that corrective action is taken so that there is never a time in the future you have to go through what you did. I would like to assure you that all your concerns are been addressed. My personal apologies to you once again. Do give us another chance to serve you in the future. I'm most definite that we will do what it takes to satisfy you.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels, specially the Hilton Garden Inn® brand. We intend on making sure that our guests get the most comfortable & pleasurable experience during their stay.

If there is any concern or for that matter anything that comes to your attention, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely
T.J. Sarkaria

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband had a one night stop over in Amarillo Texas. While we had a hard time finding the hotel, it wasn't their fault! The GPS led us on a wild goose chase. Anyway, once we found it, the employees were nice. The room was nice and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had driven about 500 miles, most of it in a hail storm, and the hotel was wonderful. I called to make a reservation from about 4 hours away--my only difficulty was that the very kind person on the phone didn't speak or understand English very well, so it was a bit painful. Room was ready, clean, very comfortable, and there was a nice little bar that I chose to eat dinner, as I arrived late. The food was all right though a tad pricey for my sandwich. Great sleep and on the road again by morning very refreshed. If you come in from the West, be sure you watch for the hotel--it is located long before you get into what you would consider Amarillo, though there are many hotels etc located really close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 14 June 2014

While driving cross country, my sister and I stopped here to rest for the night. We were caught in a terrible thunderstorm and tornado warnings, so we were needing a place we felt safe and comfortable. The lobby is really nice! The rooms were great! And this was exactly what we needed before we had to get back on the road for another long day of driving. If ever in the Amarillo area, I would stay here again! The breakfast food in the restaurant was also a great way to start our day!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Checked in very late (1 am) and left by 05:45 the next day, but the hotel was clean and the rooms were very large. Rained like crazy the night I stayed which is a rare event in this area of the world. The location is great for heading west out of the city in a hurry, but it is a pain in the rear to navigate one's way back into town (have to take an alleyway, then do north on a service road, then south on Soncy, before getting anywhere but on road to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Clean, efficient, comfortable but with no amenities except internet. Breakfast was $9.95 whether you ate enough for three people or had a piece of toast. I didn't have a lot of time to check out other options and wanted to stay on the west side of town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family