“Good Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had not traveled through Amarillo for a while. This is a pretty modern hotel. It has a nice indoor pool, decent work out equipment and a small bar for drinks and food. It's located close to several restaurants. Parking is a little limited. Our room was clean and quiet. Our room didn't have a blow dryer but the front desk sent one up. We didn't stay for breakfast. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hilton hotels are my favorite, always a comfortable bed, good breakfast, and friendly staff. Most comfortable rooms around. This location is no exception. Right on the freeway and close to restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My mom, sister and I stayed here as an overnight stop on our cross-country road trip in June 2014. We stayed two nights and the first night was a nice experience (except for the uncomfortable bed and cold or very hot shower). My sister and I woke up after the first night and went down and had a very nice breakfast. We ate and got some coffee to go and went back up to the room to prepare for our day in Amarillo. Everything went downhill from there. Upon arriving back at the hotel room we saw a tiny sign informing us that our beds were adjustable (and we were hopeful because the beds were hard and uncomfortable). Unfortunately the beds did not get more comfortable, it seemed worse. I guess we had just slept alright the first night because we were exhausted from having spent 12 hours in the car. When we woke up on the second morning we went downstairs for breakfast and our mother joined us. After we got our plates we were informed that it was $9.95 per person. My sister and I were shocked, because we had been uninformed of that the previous day, and were never given a bill or any inclination that there would be a fee. There was a sign in the elevator that said "made to order" breakfast was $9.95, but we assumed that meant for freshly cooked items. The man that had been cleaning the tables (with the big hickey on his neck) told us how he was upset with how many people ran out on their bills. I told him that was probably because it was not clear that breakfast was a charged price-there is no roped off area or separation to lead you to believe there would be a charge, nor sign upon approaching to give you those details. Instead, there is a sign on the wall where we did not look because we were looking at the food options. Never would I voluntarily pay $9.95 for a half-scoop of bland potatoes and some thin slices of melon. To top things off, we were charged $30 more per night than we were quoted. I would have rather stayed at the Country Inn and Suites up the road.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TJ S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this location going to my destination. The toilet in our room would not stop running! It was "fixed" but ran all night. We were on our way back home and stayed again thinking we couldn't have any other problems, right? Well we went to our room to find the toilet clogged! Took an hour for maintenance to "not fix" the problem. We called the front desk to be told no others rooms were available and you need to call Homewood Suites ourselves. We were checking at the front desk.....one staff person on the phone with a guest and another filling the fridge.....important stuff! We ended up waiting 10 minutes with no apology. When I mentioned no apology or anything the front desk staff replied with "ma'am you didn't let me finish". Really? Shouldn't that have been first after wasting an hour of my life!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen M

Thank you for your review. We want our guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us and appreciate your feedback about the A/C noise disruptions. We're working with our facilities team to make the necessary repairs and apologize for any discomfort you had. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

A good visit a bit pricey compared to other locations. Comfortable, Well equipped exercise and pool. Limited bar and restaurant. Helpful staff. Lovelly lobby area. Coffee availaable all the time. Rooms are nice but pretty standard. Bath products were very good quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn® Amarillo, intend to exceed all your expectations.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels, specially the Hilton Garden Inn® brand. We intend on making sure that our guests get the most comfortable & pleasurable experience during their stay.

If there is any concern or for that matter anything that comes to your attention, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and clean as were our rooms. The pool was also very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only real drawback for me is there is no complimentary breakfast. Our ac worked great though!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The place is modern, the room spacious and clean, and the restaurant a great place after a hard day on the road. So we went to bed. The AC unit was very loud, kind of like an airplane in your room, so we turned it off. About 12:30 it roared for 45 seconds then cut off. Checked the controls they were on off. Back to bed. 1:15 got another 45 seconds of roar. This continued all night. Impossible to sleep. Then I remembered our room had an AC that did the same thing the year before, but stupid me, I forgot. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

I see there were a few areas that you have bought to our attention. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused at all. We have taken all your feedback and made sure that corrective action is taken so that there is never a time in the future you have to go through what you did. I would like to assure you that all your concerns are been addressed. My personal apologies to you once again. Do give us another chance to serve you in the future. I'm most definite that we will do what it takes to satisfy you.

Yours Sincerely