“Close to Cadillac Ranch”

Hilton Garden Inn Amarillo
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here crossing the country on my motorcycle. There isn't a good covered area to park the motorcycle. Also, the way to get out of the hotel to head East on I-40 requires taking a sneaky back way out of the hotel parking lot. The road in front of the hotel is one way heading West..

This is probably the closest hotel to the Cadillac Ranch if you're stopping through on your way across the country on I-40. There is a Wal-Mart that isn't far away if you want to pick up spray paint to leave your mark on the Cadillacs.

The room was a normal room, and I was so tired from riding all day that I fell asleep as soon as I got into the room. Slept soundly all night.

Stayed July 17

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hilton Garden Inn has a bed that has a "special" adjustment that supposedly changes the bed from soft to hard and in between. But it does not work. The bed's are always hard and difficult to sleep on.

The room had an odd smell, almost like tobacco. But they said that the whole hotel is smoke free. I had to buy an air freshner to help alleviate the bad odor. Parking is very tight when the hotel is full. The decor is newer and modern. It has a pool, bar and breakfast area for a fee in the morning. The staff was pleasant and professional.

For the price, it should have been better.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at Hilton Garden Inn on our way back from Colorado Springs. Neat rooms and great lobby. Close to Interstate and easy to access. Found a bit difficult to find parking though.. Didn't stay back for breakfast since we wanted to start early.

Room Tip: Get a higher elevation room since this is so close to interstate
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very nice hotel especially the public areas (lobby, dining room). It was very clean and the staff was friendly enough. We had an exceptionally good meal (better than many HGI's) and the Happy Hour was good - Lindsay was an outstanding server. The room was clean but had that odor from spray many of the hotels have these days. I mentioned it to the front desk and was told it was Fabreze which most people like??? I was very disappointed in the particular king room we were assigned and attribute it to the fact that we used hilton honors points for the stay. The room was small with shower only. The bathroom configuration was odd in that the bathroom door was in the way of the shower which seemed dangerous to us.

Room Tip: Stay in a double room rather than a small king
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank murraygirl29
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm Military and I travelled through Amarillo, TX, enroute to my next duty station. I was assigned an ADA room that didn't have a tub. I was looking forward to a bath after the long trip. Reference the cleanliness - the bathroom was filthy and it was obvious cleaning was not priority. You can visually tell where the a filthy mop is used to partially clean the portion of the bathroom floors that are convenient (and quick) for housekeeping to get in and out. I hauled all my Military belongings to the room from my parking spot and it was almost midnight, so, I didn't have the time or energy to make a complaint then change rooms in order to have a CLEAN bathroom and a tub since I'm NOT HANDICAP. Advise you to check the room before hauling your belongings into a Hilton Garden Inn. On my way out, I had to ask for the regular coffee dispenser to get refilled and I had grinds in my coffee. The staff isn't incompetent; the staffing and supervising of staff is poor.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had not traveled through Amarillo for a while. This is a pretty modern hotel. It has a nice indoor pool, decent work out equipment and a small bar for drinks and food. It's located close to several restaurants. Parking is a little limited. Our room was clean and quiet. Our room didn't have a blow dryer but the front desk sent one up. We didn't stay for breakfast. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hilton hotels are my favorite, always a comfortable bed, good breakfast, and friendly staff. Most comfortable rooms around. This location is no exception. Right on the freeway and close to restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo