“Steaks did not live up to expectation.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Texan Opry

Big Texan Opry
More attraction details
Owner description: Each Tuesday, country western performers gather at the Big Texan Steak Ranch to perform for restaurant patrons.
Havelock, North Carolina
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Steaks did not live up to expectation.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was friendly, our Waite was good, but both steaks came over cooked and when the waiter told the cook he blamed the waiter. For a 20 oz ribeye, it was very thin and they made no attempts to corrected the over cooked steak. I left half of it.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank RTWorld

Keighley, United Kingdom
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Where steak is king”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had to stop here during out Route 66 trip. Well, I can at least say I've been. The food was average, the same can be said of the service. My prime rib was barely warm, my friend's medium rare steak was overdone, my husband's order was completely wrong but he ate it anyway so that he didn't have to wait. However the atmosphere of the place is fun. There was a 3 piece western combo coming around each table singing. Lots to do and see round and about the grounds during our half hour wait for our table. The strawberry shortcake, although said to be big enough for 4 people, is not.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Oakworthgirl
Cypress, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Really good Prime Rib”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a really good big prime rib. If passing through or staying in town you should try it out. You may get to see some idiot try a 72 oz steak with all the fixings. Also on occasion they have live music.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DannyR73
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend couldn't wait to tell me about this place as soon as I mentioned we were doing Route 66. A 72oz steak challenge just seemed ridiculous but low and behold, two Australian chaps sat down up on the top table for the challenge. And wow what a steak!
I enjoyed my dinner, the portion size was huge, I didn't need a starter... Good atmosphere and a couple of cowboys played us a tune too. Nice souvenir shop, good time.
Oh and one guy finished the meal... The other one was spotted taking himself to the rear of the car park looking a little full and needing to be by himself haha. Good steak.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kate M
Honolulu, Hawaii
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Value, recomment to get the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Big Texan has been well known across America for serving for Free the 72 oz Steak to those that manage to Eat it. This was not my attempt but while I was there in a packed Restaurant 2 Gents from Australia gave it a try. I settled for the BBQ Platter which was good except for the Sausage which was rather boring in taste and texture. Along with that came 2 side dishes of which I selected the Caesar Salad and Tomato. I could not eat all and had to take some of it back.The Menu is extensive and there is something for everyone. The best was they picked me up from my Hotel for Free with one of those stretch Limousines and got me back as well. This allowed me to imbibe in various of their Beers which I otherwise would not have dared to drink because of high Alcohol content and driving. Besides they have a nice store attached with interesting items for sale. Lot of other curious items to see and talk about. All in all a great Experience and must do in Amarillo.

Visited May 2014

Been to Big Texan Opry? Share your experiences!