“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Philo, Illinois
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The bathroom light bulb was exposed. The carpeting needs to be at least vacuumed as well as shampooed. Dust was everywhere. The handle to the dresser drawer fell off in our hand. The towel bar was not secure. The pool was freezing...kids couldn't stand it. I wish people would critique this hotel for what it is. Who cares about the so called "fancy" cheap furniture in the front entrance! I will say that the lady at the desk was nice but that was the only positive.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank jewels9701

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The lobby is beautiful and fancy, so I was really thinking that the rooms were going to be beautiful as well. You can tell that the rooms were decorated nicely at one time but the furniture is pretty beat up and dirty. Our couch had a huge rip in it that had been repaired unprofessionally, like a 10 year old had sewed it up with a needle and thread. The beds are very hard and extremely upcomfortable. The tub and toilet were stained and dirty. The door to the bathroom didn't even shut, the doorknob was broken. The plug in the bathtub didn't work, and we had to rig something up just so the bathtub would hold water.
The window was very loose, and rattled all night long as the wind blew. There is a gap in the window, so not only did it rattled, the wind whistled through loudly, keeping us up.
We requested a non-smoking room and area, but the hallway reeked of fresh cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to complain about the cigarette smoke smell and she claimed that was impossible because we were in a non-smoking section. This Super 8 motel is more expensive than the other Super 8 motels we have stayed at.. almost 20 to 25 dollars more expensive per night. They have an inside pool, but it is not heated..it was cold, and my kids were freezing after 10 minutes. The coffee maker was ancient, and was gross. There was no way I was going to drink coffee out of that thing.
I am a single mom, and money is tight. For $92.00 per night for two beds, (we stayed for 3, pre-paid nights) you would think that you would get a decent room. I realize I should have demanded my money back and found another cheaper and nicer motel. But, unfortunately, my littlest daughter was sick, and I was exhausted. I just didn't have it in me to pack everything up and move.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Amarillo hotels

Travellers also viewed these Amarillo hotels
Candlewood Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#24 of 73 in Amarillo
Staybridge Suites Amarillo-Western Crossing
Super 8 Amarillo Central TX
Baymont Inn & Suites Amarillo East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo

Been to Super 8 Amarillo West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Amarillo West

Property: Super 8 Amarillo West
Address: 2103 Lakeview Dr, I-40 @ exit 68-A, Amarillo, TX 79109-1500 (Formerly Comfort Suites)
Region: United States > Texas > Amarillo
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Amarillo West 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Amarillo West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Amarillo West Hotel Amarillo