“Love the Facility”

Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center
Ranked #8 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Still love this facility but this stay just didn't click as well as the last half dozen times I've stayed. The young lady at the desk while sweet never acknowledged I am a platinum elite member and thank me...something even the smallest facility does, offers me water and a late check out. There was an empty cookie plate sitting on the counter which was a bit messy. I was given a third floor room right across from the elevator which I hoped wasn't going to be a noise problem...and it wasn't. After a brief errand I returned to the hotel and had to ask for water (it was apparently break and boyfriend time) and did receive two bottles (one for the morning). Then I had to go back downstairs, find her in the dining area to tell her there was no tv remote in my room. She got me one, punched some buttons and said it should work. I called down because it did not work and was told she would bring one right up. 20 minutes later she called to say sorry for the delay and in another 7 mins or so she came and brought another one that didn't work. By this time it is late although she said she would 'see if she could find someone in maintenance to come fix it'....I did tell her to call up first since I might have laid down by then. NEVER heard a word. This really shouldn't be a huge deal but the last time I was there because of being a platinum elite I was upgraded to a suite...and this time it felt like 'ho hum, another person to check in'. Didn't even try to go down for breakfast which ends at 9:00 on weekdays...way to early when one doesn't get settled in their room until late. It is the little things that make a facility special. I had just spent two nights in a smaller, less expensive place out of state; sorry, Sleep Inn, it was a better experience than my current one with you (although I will return because I know it will consistently be clean and the room well stocked and maintained).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

I am sorry about the fact we did not provide you with the level of service you expect. I assure you that what you describe is not our normal level of service either. I would like to offer my personal apology for your experience and hope that we have the chance to serve you again soon. I would love the chance to make a better impression. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

On the beginning of an extended road trip, we needed a hotel stop in Amarillo, and chose this hotel online, our first time at this particular hotel. It is apparently relatively new, but was very modern and extremely clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The king suite room was large and comfortable with microwave, icebox, easy chair and desk. It had a large flat screen TV and surprisingly a large walk-in shower enclosure. There was no tub which some folks might miss, but my wife and I both prefer the shower. The bed was comfortable and there were more than ample towels, soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. There was a little noise in the hall at night, but we believe a wedding party was also staying there. The complimentary breakfast was reasonably good. We will certainly stay here again the next time we have a stop in Amarillo.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room on the back side and there was no road noise from the nearby I-40.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our online reputation is very important to us. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

When I travel, I search for hotels that offer a great night's sleep at an affordable price. When passing through Amarillo, this is my hotel of choice for several reasons. It is quiet, has a great breakfast, doesn't allow pets or smoking, and is convenient to the interstate and restaurants. The staff is always polite as well. Also, my kids love the indoor pool and the hot tub. I highly recommend this hotel to even the most discriminating traveler. It doesn't have a lot of frills but it does a terrific job at providing all the essentials!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KevcoTx
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Sleep Inn and Suites team works very hard everyday to provide great service and value. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

At 4am we were trying find a cheap hotel to crash at for a couple of hours. Our limit was $40.

We showed up here and at first was a little put off by the fact that there was no one at the front desk, but found the guy in the back working hard making breakfast. The only thing they had left was a jacuzzi suite, and were willing to give it to us for the night for only $70 (normally almost $200) as well as a late checkout. Unfortunately we had to decline because of our budget, but the lobby was beautiful, the front desk guy was nice and working hard, and the rates are very reasonable.

Especially considering that even a nearly empty motel 6 across the road wanted $80 for a normal room.

Sleep inn is by far my favorite hotel chain, and this one continues to exceed my expectations!

• Stayed: July 2013
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad we made such a positive impression and you did not even stay the night with us. I hope that we have the chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Picked this place from the internet and becasue it is right next to the Outback Steakhouse and I-40. Stayed one night and the caught them again on the return trip. Clean and comfortable. Only problem, was that their breakfast on Sunday does not start until 0630. Didn't notice the small sign that told us that when we checked in on Satuday.....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I am so sorry that you were not informed about our breakfast times. My front desk team is trainined to make sure and explain that as part of the check in process. This time we obviously failed to do that. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and took the time to let us know about this issue. I will remind my team so we can make sure that does not happen again. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The room has everything that you'll need for for some down time. Big screen TV. refrigerator microwave and a WiFi that works. The beds are very comfortable for a good nights sleep. Parking in back can accommodate larger vehicles or trailers. It also has places right next door to eat and with other choices with in walking distance. Breakfast has a lot of choices and is well stocked through out the morning.

Room Tip: The one down side is they don't allow pets.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team works hard every day to make sure that our guests have a great experience. Our reputation is very important to us and I am glad we were able to make a great impression. Thank you for staying with us!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Traveling with three kids five and under on the long trek from D/FW to Denver, my daughter and I just wanted a landing spot where the kids could swim. The pool there was small, well-kept, *empty* and just great! Being allergic to chlorine, I really appreciated the salt water! Otherwise, the hotel was very good. Nice room and bath, quite a good breakfast and friendly staff... We'll stop there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank K S

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel an especially our salt water pool. We are very proud of our hotel and our level of service. I hope that we will have the chance to serve you again soon.