“Nice Stay Once I Found It”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Novi, Michigan
“Nice Stay Once I Found It”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In the Directions to Our Hotel: section on the ChoiceHotels.com website, the directions to this property are reversed. This error was brought to the attention of Choice Hotels (via an email message on 10/5/13) and the directions on the website have still not been corrected. If you are traveling on I-40 West you use exit 65, then loop under the freeway. If traveling on I-40 East, use exit 65 and stay on the service drive. This property has limited parking in the front of the hotel and my stay at this property was uneventful, other than the coin mechanism on the guest dryer did not work. The maintenance man had gone home for the night, but the front desk person was nice enough to dry my wet laundry using their commercial hotel dryers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Karl M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice clean rooms and service at desk was excellent. Employees friendly, helpful and friendly. Continental breakfast was wonderful. Had never stayed at a Sleep Inn & suites, very pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shelley G
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We want all our guests to be completely satisfied. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was pretty new, and well kept. The room was pretty small. One problem was that the bed was very high, I didn't know that or would have stayed elsewhere as my husband had a broken rib and I was recovering from surgery that made it very difficult to get in and out of that bed.

I had requested a room on the top floor away from the interstate and got what I wanted. We heard no noise.

We had planned on having some evening snacks at the managers reception on Wed. night, but it consisted of soggy bite size pieces of chicken on the bone and onion rings, they also had a couple of cans of beer and regular (sugar pop). Since I am diabetic, none of that worked. It would be nice and easy to at least include some sugar free pop. Breakfast was just okay, the gravy was yucky, as were the scrambled eggs. Stick with the cereal.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that our beds were higher than you expected. We have pillow top mattresses that everyone says are very comfortable but that can make for a bit higher bed because of their thickness. We do normally put out diet soda with our evening social on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. If your back with us in the future please let us know if you need something like that and we will make sure that you receive it. On our breakfast we have addressed our eggs by switching to a much better and freshly scrambled product. I think the quality is excellent and I hope you have then chance to try them in the future. Thank you again for your comments. Without your honest comments we cannot hope to continue to improve and be the best we can be.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was driving across country and was staying overnight in Amarillo, TX. Selected this hotel through Hotwire.com and had my doubts because I typically don't stay in Choice Hotel Properties. This hotel is a definitely one to write down for next time. It reminded me of a Hampton Inn with friendly front desk employees, modern rooms, pillow topped beds, large bathrooms, and free hot breakfasts. This hotel is fairly new and shows it. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful words about us! It is rewarding to be able to tell the staff here that we are on the right track. We love hearing that our guests want to return to us, and we can't wait to see you here again!
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and had a good sleep and the bathroom was very roomy but the living space was pretty small but ok for a one night stay and the breakfast was good, overall the hotel was nice and clean, and the staff was friendly, also seems to be in a good area

Stayed October 2013
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. We do appreciate everything our guests have to say about our hotel. We strive to make good experiences for every guest that walks through our door. We hope to see you again in the future!
Germantown Hills
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Reasonably priced for our one night stay. Only three years old. Our room was clean and quiet. The staff was professional and pleasent. The price includes a hot breakfast but the scrambled eggs were not eatable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback here at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We use every bit of it to the best of our abilities. We are working on another solution for the eggs in the breakfast. We are sorry that you were not satisfied in every aspect of your stay. We do sincerely hope that you will give us another shot and stay with us here again in the future.
Alliance
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. They have everything you could want. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was a little crowded with the two beds. The room was very nice and the beds were comfy and we slept well. The only reason I did not give it a 5 was the breakfast. The eggs ( powdered I assume ) were terrible and the biscuits and gravy were just so-so. I would stick to the Waffles or cereal. Over all We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room with one bed might have been better for just my wife and me might have had a little more roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words said about our property and staff. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with our breakfast, as we strive to please each and every guest that stays here with us. We are working on solutions for the breakfast and trying new products to see if we can get an acceptable response from our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!