“Great hotel”

Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious and clean. Free breakfast was pretty good. ( remember it's free) Lots of restaurants nearby. Staff was very friendly. Great room for the price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great room. Total hot breakfast.Treated the guests like family. Clean. That's all that needs to be said yet I have to have 200 characters to post this review. Hope this does it. Well it wasn't enough so I'm writing this to fill in space. I'll try again to submit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Rodney2
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sleep Inn & Suites, Amarillo. The beds were very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great. I was impressed by all the amenities - pool, gym, etc. Also, everything was very clean and the temp control was very responsive. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn O
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In the Directions to Our Hotel: section on the ChoiceHotels.com website, the directions to this property are reversed. This error was brought to the attention of Choice Hotels (via an email message on 10/5/13) and the directions on the website have still not been corrected. If you are traveling on I-40 West you use exit 65, then loop under the freeway. If traveling on I-40 East, use exit 65 and stay on the service drive. This property has limited parking in the front of the hotel and my stay at this property was uneventful, other than the coin mechanism on the guest dryer did not work. The maintenance man had gone home for the night, but the front desk person was nice enough to dry my wet laundry using their commercial hotel dryers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karl M
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice clean rooms and service at desk was excellent. Employees friendly, helpful and friendly. Continental breakfast was wonderful. Had never stayed at a Sleep Inn & suites, very pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shelley G
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We want all our guests to be completely satisfied. We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was pretty new, and well kept. The room was pretty small. One problem was that the bed was very high, I didn't know that or would have stayed elsewhere as my husband had a broken rib and I was recovering from surgery that made it very difficult to get in and out of that bed.

I had requested a room on the top floor away from the interstate and got what I wanted. We heard no noise.

We had planned on having some evening snacks at the managers reception on Wed. night, but it consisted of soggy bite size pieces of chicken on the bone and onion rings, they also had a couple of cans of beer and regular (sugar pop). Since I am diabetic, none of that worked. It would be nice and easy to at least include some sugar free pop. Breakfast was just okay, the gravy was yucky, as were the scrambled eggs. Stick with the cereal.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that our beds were higher than you expected. We have pillow top mattresses that everyone says are very comfortable but that can make for a bit higher bed because of their thickness. We do normally put out diet soda with our evening social on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. If your back with us in the future please let us know if you need something like that and we will make sure that you receive it. On our breakfast we have addressed our eggs by switching to a much better and freshly scrambled product. I think the quality is excellent and I hope you have then chance to try them in the future. Thank you again for your comments. Without your honest comments we cannot hope to continue to improve and be the best we can be.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was driving across country and was staying overnight in Amarillo, TX. Selected this hotel through Hotwire.com and had my doubts because I typically don't stay in Choice Hotel Properties. This hotel is a definitely one to write down for next time. It reminded me of a Hampton Inn with friendly front desk employees, modern rooms, pillow topped beds, large bathrooms, and free hot breakfasts. This hotel is fairly new and shows it. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful words about us! It is rewarding to be able to tell the staff here that we are on the right track. We love hearing that our guests want to return to us, and we can't wait to see you here again!