“Not Impressed at all....”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Amarillo
Lubbock, Texas
“Not Impressed at all....”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked her vs where I usually stay in Amarillo bc of the boastful reviews read on this site, boy was I wrong. We booked through choice privileges and I soon realized they booked the wrong type of room for us, which that choice privileges fault not the hotel, but when we tried to change our reservation we were given the run around.The hotel said they couldn't change it and Choice said they couldn't change it...so we eventually had to have choice call the hotel to get it changed...and we were actually trying to get a jacuzzi suite compared to the regular room we were booked by mistake! Sorta felt like I was having to beg them to take my money in a sense! They got that fixed but I ended up having to pay tax twice. The room I booked through choice originally, had already been calculated with tax, when I upgraded my room tax was then calculated again for the entire new rate...pretty annoying, and when i told the desk clerk Becky, she said I was wrong and I only paid tax once which was incorrect. Lets move on to the Hotel though. Carpets seemed dingy throughout the hotel, beds were lumpy and somewhat hard, the hall ways are EXTREMELY narrow, our "Jacuzzi Suite" was very sub-par for a $149.99 per night room. Blankets on the bed were worn, The caulking that sealed the edges of the jacuzzi were lifting where there was a gap that water seeped into the walls all around it. GROSS. Walls all around the Jacuzzi were dirty! Walls in the hotel and rooms were dirty!! I just felt like what should have been a relaxing experience in a jacuzzi suite turned into us debating on whether or not to even get in it bc the whole place just seemed DIRTY!!!!!!!! Breakfast was average, definitely avoid the eggs and sausage gravy though. Have to say the cleanest part of this hotel was the Pool area, but be careful the tile surrounding it is EXTREMELY SLICK and they are very generous with the CHLORINE! I wouldn't stay here again if I had a gun held to my head. Much better choices for the money in Amarillo!

Room Tip: Comfort Suites in Western Plaza is wonderful and you can find great rates on Kayak! Great value!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I am so sorry that your experience with the Sleep Inn and Suites was not what you wanted. I did credit back your account to the original rate you booked. I checked your bill and there was no double charge for tax. You were charged a larger tax amount due to a higher rate but not double charged. Either way that has been corrected and credited back to your card. I will have my maintenance engineer go through the room you were in because what you describe is not at all the normal experience for our hotel. As for the pool I am surprised you noticed any chlorine since we have a salt water pool. That is something I will also have checked. We want nothing more than to have all our guests enjoy their stay with us. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with the experience that we try to deliver each and every time. Safe Travels and we would love the chance to impress you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great place that is new and clean. Great breakfast and handy location. Right on the access road for I-40 and easy in and out. Mall is at the same exit. Stay and you wont be disspaointed. Also check out Palo Duro canyon and/or the AQHA museum...both are must see.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to see positive reviews about our hotel. All comments are important to us. Safe Travels.
Frederick, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room we had was very clean (except for shower head) with super nice furniture but it was way oversized for the small room, making room seem cramped. Bed was ultra-comfortable. Indoor pool and hot tub also were clean and enjoyable, but beware of the slick tile around them. Front desk staff is exceptionally good at their jobs. Great customer service! Worst thing about the stay was it was very noisy due to thin walls. Also, free hot breakfast was so-so.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 106, which is near the ground-floor pool/hot tub. Might be quieter farther from th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We hope that all our guests have a great and positive experience. We wish you safe travels in 2014.
Raymore, Missouri
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had trouble with our GPS finding the Motel, but once we arrived we had a good stay. Located next to the Outback, used there address, (Outback) to find the Sleep Inn. The wind was a blowing but we did not notice it in our room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and it's online reputation. Thank you for helping us continue to do that. I look forward to see you in our hotel again. Safe Travels.
Texas City, Tx
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As a retired couple, my wife & I take lots of trips. We had just been to Scottsdale, AZ where we stayed a couple of days at an expensive resort hotel. To help us select where to make our reservations while in Amarillo, I went on the Internet to read reviews of hotels/motels. I found this hotel had rave reviews from recent guests. I made our reservations at this location and was pleased that the excellent ratings it got from others were to our mind, the same as ours.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gordon G
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I love it when our nice Sleep Inn and Suites can be compared to big resorts. My team works very hard and takes all our reviews seriously. We pride ourselves on offering a four star experience at a 3 star price. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope that we have the chance to serve you again. Safe Travels.
Shingle Springs, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a pleasant change! After several disappointing stays at the La Quinta Inn off I 40, I vowed to never stay there again. So after checking trip advisor we decided to give Sleep Inn a try...and we'll be customers from now on. Sleep Inn was clean, comfortable, quiet. Did I say clean? Yes, I did, because contrary to what we'd been told at La Quinta there does not appear to be mold in all bathrooms in Amarillo! Sleep Inn Staff was accommodating; breakfast was nicely done with an adequate variety, and there was plenty of seating. Try Sleep Inn for a good nights sleep!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SharonS1953
Trevor R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want all our guests to have a great experience and I am glad that we made you new Sleep Inn and Suites believers. Next time your in Amarillo please to not hesitate to ask to Speak with the General Manager. I would love to have the chance to meet you and thank you personally. Safe Travels.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very nice hotel. Room was updated and very pretty and extremely clean!! Great bedding. Granite counters in the bathroom. Bathroom was very spacious! If they would just upgrade the mattress it would be as nice if not nicer than Hampton Inn. Breakfast has much to offer to just about everyone. Manager was very nice at the desk. Easy check in and easy check out. Also has a very NICE fitness room. Great place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank StJohn2007
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. Our reputation online is very important to us. We read all our comments and take each of them to heart. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our mattresses. All of our rooms have a very nice pillow top Serta and then we place an additional topper on the mattress as well. I will take your comments and they will get our full attention once we replace our current bedding. Thank you again and safe travels.