“Great Lodging”

Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Amarillo
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Lodging”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I always research hotels in advance before making reservations. I most often follow the advice of other travelers and check out the ratings and reviews. Based on my reserach I chose this hotel and I understand why this hotel has been rated #1. From the minnute I entered the building I was impressed. I can't remember staying at another hotel with better value. I'll be traveling to Amarillo several times in the next year or so and I have my mind made up where I am staying. The bed was perfect. Place is clean and the staff are real friendly and helpful. I didn't give location top marks, it is convenient from the highway but the surrounding area is congested. This did not persaude my decision to stay though. I felt the area is secure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I agree this is one of the finest motels in which I have stayed. We arrived on a Tuesday late afternoon and were greeted by extremely friendly and well dressed receptionists. We were told that free appetizers and beverages (including wine and beer) were being served in an adjacent room. We had hot appetizers and alcoholic beverages. The room was small but very comfortable. The bed had a thick mattress which was very comfortable. Also, there was what had to be at least a 42" HDTV. In the bathroom was even a walk-in shower. The hot breakfast the next morning was also excellent. Across the parking lot is an Outback Restaurant which served us a very good dinner. We would not hesitate staying at this Sleep Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 April 2010

In a town with few upscale or outstanding overnight options, this one fits the bill. Stayed here for 5 nights for work and overall nice, clean, cosy, and friendly. Jut opened last fall. Smallish rooms even when I opted for the King "suite," which includes a microwave and mini-fridge. Modern decor with large flat screen and up to date, plush beds. My room had a shower only, no bath. Pretty quiet and good soundproofing from what I could tell. Small exercise room and pool. Wifi in rooms but very slow. Only drawback was that the breakfast was inedible: dry powered eggs, watery coffee and the like. But the staff and accommodations more than made up for that. Lots of restaurants right around the area (tip: head across I-40 and a few blocks west on the frontage road to the Country Barn for great steaks). Cavenders Boot City is close by too for shopping. I would recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2010

The front desk greeted me as soon as I walked in even tho she had 3 guest in front of her. The hot breakfast was just WOW and even the manager was out helping the breakfast woman. The rooms were also way above my typical standards, I loved the pictures, and the T.V. Will hope to be back again

• Stayed April 2010
Ontario
Reviewed 19 March 2010

We stayed here while my father in law was in the hospital. The staff made us feel like we were one of their family. They were so kind & helpful. The hotel is brand new, so everything was clean & fresh. We cannot say enough about this wonderful place & would highly recommend it. They have free breakfast & during the week, manager's reception with free beer & wine & appetizers. There are at least 3 restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. The Outback Steakhouse is right beside it. It's only about 10 miles from the airport. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dovermom3
London
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This is quite a new hotel and the fit out is really lovely. The rooms are spacious with nice amenities and great decor. The hotel has an indoor pool and fitness room. The staff are friendly and helpful. Mid week they run a manager's reception early evening with a few snacks and drinks which was a nice extra. The breakfast was good, and ran til 9am. We got a fantastic deal here with a coupon. The hotel is walking distance to a few eateries, and a short drive to many more. It is just off the interstate but was quiet at night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 31 December 2009

At check in the frontdesk clerk Liz welcomed me with a warm smile. The decor of the hotel blew me away as soon as i walked in. The room was great so clean and the bed was amazing it had to have been the best sleep the ive ever had at a hotel. When I had called down for a wake up call the clerk Liz said my name when she answered made me feel like i was part of the hotel family. The breakfast area was awesome a full hot breakfast and the tendent Holli also gave me a warm and meaningful greeting. Then when i got ready to check out the three agents at the front desk Anthony, Chris and Holli told me to have a great day and to come back soon and I most likely will be returning to this hotel I've never enjoyed a better stay than this one.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo