Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center
US$90
Country Inn
US$107
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsoutback steakhousewalk in showerpizza hutwould stay here againeggs and sausagechoice hotelsbeds were comfortableexercise roomroad triphot breakfastbreakfast roomstaff was friendlyone night staywaffle makerbreakfast baryogurtovernight stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Upon arriving after a long day of work in town, I was pleasantly greeted by the smiling girl at reception desk. I chose this hotel because it was new. I was very impressed with the staff, decor, breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel. I travel to Amarillo several times a month and will now be staying here from now on!!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 23 August 2010

They met or exceeded my expectations on every count. The room was tastefully decorated, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly, helpful, and appeared to be well-trained and motivated. I can't think of anything negative to say about this property.
As an added plus, they are right next to an Outback steakhouse (love that Fosters beer).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Stayed for 1 night. Very convenient location with 2 restaurant choices next door. Bed was very comfortable and as we were on the back side of the hotel, very quiet. Breakfast was included (normal chain hotel fare). Manager's reception in the evening with food supplied by Texas Roadhouse. Manager was very visible and kudos to Lee who went well beyond your normal "customer service". If we ever need to stay in Amarillo again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I booked a room because of the good reviews of this hotel.
Well, the hotel is new and clean with modern decor, but dark.
When I stepped into my room, I regretted not staying with my usual hotel chain.
The rooms are small, and I'm talking about a suite!
The beautiful but unnecessary ' walk in shower' takes away the space where the closet should be. The closet itself is right next to the window across from the sofa. The door cannot be opened fully because the window curtain box is in the way. I had to leave my suitcase outside.
The desk is right in front of the bed, so if someone sits at the desk you can not pass through.
My room had a large mustard colored stain (paint?) on the curtain, I hope someone complains about it, I did not.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TexasPetra
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We were given the wrong room at first--we booked a king and got two double beds. The staff fixed it right away, without question. Points for that!

The king room had a really nice walk-in shower with a rain shower head. (No shower curtain on these, but still discreet if someone else walks in the bathroom.) What we really appreciated, though, were NUMEROUS OUTLETS! It's amazing how many hotels don't provide power strips or something for people (or geeks like us, at least) who carry multiple computers, cell devices, and e-readers. There was also a little shelf in the corner of the room with two complete wall outlets for these items. Good thinking.

The breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, gravy, cereals, muffins/danish, yogurt, toast, waffles) was a nice touch, and the price was right: included!

If we ever come to Amarillo again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple